Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam

Vietnam

I am planning on traveling to Saigon later this month and looking for some insight on places to stay. I am also looking for information on the gay nigh life. I have not found much info on-line and hope those who have traveled there before would share their thoughts.
    As i have never been to Vn i would like to know what is the fee paid for a overnight guest. I would like to have some knowledge before arriving.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Truong Van Bay : Oil slick spoils most beautiful beaches

Vietnam labours to clean up oil slick

Hundreds of Vietnamese soldiers and civilians worked Saturday to clean up the central coastlines from a mysterious oil slick.

So far, 30 tons of oil clumps have been gathered from beaches in Quang Nam province, home of the popular tourism town of Hoi An, according to Truong Van Bay, vice chairman of Hoi An People's Committee.

"We are able to clean the oil off the beaches but can't do anything about the oil slick at sea," Bay said Saturday. "So far, the cause is unknown to us."

Fishermen have reported seeing large oil slick at sea, but Vietnamese authorities so far have not found the source, according to Duong Chi Cong, director of the province's environmental department. He said it was too early to tell if lasting environmental damage had been done, but called for help from the central government for the cleanup.

Quang Nam province is famed for its long stretches of white sand. Its beaches, particularly Cua Dai beach, are home to several luxury resorts, attracting visitors from all over the world. However, Cong said some tourists had left the area since the oil started washing ashore on Tuesday.

"They are here at the beach for swimming and sunbathing, but the oil spill destroys their enjoyment," he said.
    -------

dpa

Liked

The Spring Hotel HCM / Saigon

I'll be in Saigon later this week, staying at The Spring Hotel.

http://www.springhotelvietnam.com/

Regards,

Surfcrest

Trip report

Will there be a trip report, Surfcrest? I'm particularly interested in the ambiance of the Spring Hotel, as I shall be staying there myself later in the year

Liked
    Decent prices as well . . . especially if the place is as inviting as the website photos show.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    I have stayed there..very pleasant; though some of cheaper rooms have no windows. Excellent location, close to Lake and Old Town. No problem with visitors, though had no one overnight

Room service

Quote Originally Posted by yaraboy
    some of cheaper rooms have no windows
    Don't choose a standard room then? Any "approaches" from the hotel staff, or did you have to go shopping?

Liked
    Hotel is not gay and no staff seemed so (3 years ago). Out the door and down to the Lake and all the boys you will ever need are available (not likely for free) A middle aged creep who spoke good English acts as a sort of pimp and mentions a gay club .......do not go as likely a ripoff

Mirror image

A middle aged creep who spoke good English
    Sounds somewhat like oneself

Liked

Re: Mirror image

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    A middle aged creep who spoke good English
    Sounds somewhat like oneself
    While usually contrarian and intelligent, this juvenile repartee isn't your usual style. Having your mentrual cycle today or have you begun to morph into your usual nemesis(BG)?