Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Info on Barcelona gay bars / clubs etc ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Info on Barcelona gay bars / clubs etc ?

I'm heading off with a friend to Barcelona in January for a bit of a sleaze weekend so just wondering anyone got any current tips / must see bars / clubs / flesh pits in Barca etc ?

I've actually been there a few times before but have to admit was always with someone else and it seems that I spent half the trip partying and pissed up, so whilst I know I've been to several good gay bars and gay clubs etc I'm damned if I can remember their names or anything about them !

We're staying in the "hetrofriendly" ( just for you SG :-) Axel hotel, which is owned and operated as a VERY gay hotel, thankfully even I do recall that it's bang in the middle of gay central location wise so I'm sure we'll manage just fine sniffing out sleaze and perversion around every steeet corner.

Ha actually I seem to recall that the last time I was there I was propositioned by a Thai money boy of all things and he was angry when I pointed out his 200 euro request was a lot more than the 1000 baht tip I was more used to giving - Needless to say I declined his kind offer - and he mine ! :-)

We'll be popping down to sitges for a quick nosey too ( which thankfully I do know well enough ) but as it's winter we'll not bother staying there overnight this trip I think.

Anyway, so any tips / memory refreshers to save any wasted time and my possibly missing the BEST places are as always gratefully received !

Thanks

Last edited by Nirish guy; September 25th, 2016 at 16:07.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Info on Barcelona gay bars / clubs etc ?

...eur200...lord thats funny...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

God loves a trier I guess :-) And from his confident approach it wasn't a figure he'd just plucked out of the air and I got the impression he was used to getting it accepted - hell if it had of been at the end of my night and not the start after I'd a few (more) gins in me who knows he just might have struck lucky !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Was there around 1 yr ago. There is indeed what one might call like a ''gay zone'' and that HTL is smack in the middle of it. Also IF I remember well, youre into rented MBs and the best place for instant looks is the Thermos sauna, which works with around a dozen or so MBs-you pay entry and the going tip-rate is 50-easy to bargain down to 40 mostly. On my visit most were mid-20 and from anywhere, often east-Eur/South-America, and no Espanol (the one who claimed to be was Moroccan). All gay places, incl that sauna, have large stocks of many leaflets/brochures of the current situation-I assume HTL has plenty too. I do not do any disco/dancing etc anymore-but its Spain, there will be plenty and its for VERY late-think after midnite till wee hours.
    To reach Sitges: local trains run ev 15/20 mins from a tunnel-line across Barca-40 mins ride and for just few eur-can even buy 10-ride cards for less/trip. gay zone is 4-5 mins walk from station there. No idea how dead it may be mid-winter though. Oh-its very short days-same as Scotld and can be pretty cold and WINDY at that time of year-making you think its really winter after all.
    Keep us entertained after visit, nah? Somehow I kind of remember you once ''did ''Hamburg/DE and promised something about that.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 1st, 2016), Khor tose (September 26th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"promised" - no, not me, I've trouble enough remembering what I do of a day and so I know better than to make promises I'm never likely to be able to keep as I rarely remember one week to the next these days !

I know was in Hamburg working - but that was a while back now I think - to be honest I can't even recall being there but I know work wise I definitely was and I think my talking of that was more about a practical reason why I wasn't going to Pattaya at that point perhaps ? My memory is already atrocious and is only getting worse by the day it seems, to the point where I've now even given up worrying about it any further and I just take it as it comes now. Thankfully ( or not sometimes) by BF has an excellent memory and so reminds me of every detail of anything I need to know - sometimes too much perhaps !

But I do know I was there working and not partying and so I don't recall any particualr mad partying or shag fests taking place worse luck - however knowing me that's no guarantee that they didn't and I STILL wouldn't remember most likely ! On one hand I sometimes wish I'd keep a diary of my life, but other times I'm maybe glad that I haven't as it might make me cringe reading it back and doing a numbers count ! I should also add that I've intentionally cut back on "reporting" to much these days as I've very aware that non members of the board can read posts here too ( namely my BF :-) and whilst he's fully aware of who and what I am it's not nice perhaps to rub his nose in it too often for fear of waking up with a knife between my shoulder blades some morning perhaps ! :-)

Ha so you've gotten me intrigued now as to did I enjoy Hamburg or not, I'll have to be sure to ask the guys in work tomorrow and see can they help me out with that as one of them recently reminded me of another trip to a German City we were working in by relating it to a great gay sauna I'd told them I'd nipped out to ! Ha, some people remember churches and cathedrals, me it seems was a gay sauna ! lol
    Last edited by Nirish guy; September 26th, 2016 at 07:05.

Liked

Hamburg (St George) is finished - was there last year and got quite depressed at the state of the place with homeless and drug users lying every 20m along the Reeperbahn.

The world famous boy brothel where the fat cunt former owner and myself occasionally crossed paths (one of the many places) was just a filthy closed up mess.

Admittedly I went in the daytime and there was not a single gay bar open in that area - but there was absolutely nothing I saw which encouraged me to come back in the evening. Frankly it was depressing.

The other area of Hamburg us still worth a look with some small gay bars.

Only cities in Germany now worth visiting for my purposes are Berlin and Düsseldorf - though I do want to explore Cologne sometime.

As for Barcelona - it's been 20 yrs since I was there and at that time I was "hitched" so no possibility of anything - but I do recall that although I enjoyed the trip I never actually saw any sign of commercial activity in any of the bars. Then again if it all happens in the saunas then (as I've never actually been in a gay sauna!) I guess that's why!!

Be interested to see what NIrish finds

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 1st, 2016), llz (October 4th, 2016)

Liked

One word only: Neymar!
    Probably expensive.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Re: Scottish Guy
    " ... where the fat cunt former owner and myself occasionally crossed paths ... "

WTF?: did you and the FC meet up anally-wise on every continent known to man? You've alluded to this nasty perversion more than once here, and for myself, I'd like a few details. The more disgusting the better.
    Last edited by Smiles; October 3rd, 2016 at 18:26.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A belated thanks for the replies and info above guys, all now booked and sorted for my trip in january -)