Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Do We Take Less Care Sexually As We Get Older?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do We Take Less Care Sexually As We Get Older?

Thanks to an offer put out on Hornet three weeks ago, I went yesterday to the Sathorn Clinic for a free HIV and syphiliis test (yesterday was the last day for free testing but I cannot imagine the regular fee is anything but low). The Sathorn Clinic is a tiny facility opposite Suanphlu Soi 8. This was as different as night and day compared to another clinic I have used in the past. The receptionist spoke excellent English and smiled and chatted whilst I waited for my test. The young doctor had a great personality, also chatted easily and warmly - and generally made the entire process seem perfectly normal. He speaks fluent English. The same group has just opened a clinic on Silom.

The point of the thread, though, is something the doctor mentioned. When I suggested that most of the clinic's clients must be a lot younger than me, he said he was now seeing more and more guys in their 60s and 70s. He was also surprised that several recent clients in their 70s and even one is his 80s had proved positive. I asked if he thought there might be any particular reason, to which he said that as guys get into that age category perhaps they are less likely to take the same care with condoms etc. that they had been doing since HIV and its causes first appeared.

He was clearly speculating since he usually only asks one question about sexual lifestyle and habits. But it certainly made me think that perhaps it is not just the young late-teen Thais who are failing to heed the safe sex message.

http://www.sathornclinic.com

Last edited by fountainhall; April 30th, 2016 at 12:36.

Liked

Re: Do We Take Less Care Sexually As We Get Older?

I don't agree or condone it, but I know a few people in their 60's who think along the lines of "I'll die before it kills me"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In these days of instant testing and PrEP, that attitude is so ridiculously stupid and selfish. Don't these people care about possibly infecting their partners?

Liked

I'm taking more care since a Thai man in Patong Beach put vaseline on the condom and it broke.