Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Update from my favorite restaurant Yupins

Liked

Update from my favorite restaurant Yupins

Yupin Marsh <yupin@yupins.com>

Here we are again, Keen to tell you the news of the last 30 or so days, as seen from my restaurant!
    Actually it is not a lot different being seen from anywhere, but it does feel like it sometimes.

Yupins has been very successful in the business way, all thanks to you all for coming to eat with us, and frequently offer suggestions on how to improve our performance, which of course we gratefully listen to!

It's amazing how often we say 'hello, back again?' or 'oh well, goodbye until your next visit to Thailand' as you, our frequent customer, come and go to and from the airport. yupins seems always to be your first or last port of call, well nearly, or the last place to visit before catching the airport bus!
    So often I hear 'oh my God, I've just arrived, hell of a journey, I must eat and then go to straight to bed!'
    Or the opposite, tearfully with hugs and kisses, if going the other way.
    I am so pleased that you missed us that much.

On the food side, our latest iteration of the menu is going very well and we have not changed it very much at all. Most of the comments we get to hear are that you enjoy the consistency of the cooking and the steady list of dishes always available.

Of course some dishes are not always available, as they are specially prepared by Mr Yupin, who is so very busy, he sometimes just cannot find the time to prepare a dish, or even find the kitchen if the wine selection is giving problems.
    Maybe directions can be provided by little flashing lights on the floor like they have on aeroplanes to guide you to the exit? 5555.

I am sure he would agree to it, he always says how lucky he is that I am always right there with a good suggestion when he needs one.

you would never guess he was such a loving man. now he has three big girls in the family, and we going shopping so often for all those lovely things we need, he says we must have a salary which would be a good job. I think that is what he meant. I am scared to ask how much he will give us!! Too much I guess.

The high season has been very kind to us in many ways and we make 'tam boon' to our restaurant spirits very often. They have fresh flowers hung in ropes over them, and a glass of whisky each, and little presents that they will like, such as perfume or pizza depending on the god; fresh drinks too and of course prayers.
    We never neglect our gods as they are a part of our business and the shop house where they live. Our spirits and gods bring us great luck and good fortune. Of course this is passed on to all who eat their meals with us and that makes us happy too. I wish for good luck for all our customers and friends.

Now the high season is ending, April is Songkran month which everyone here avoids, and May is usually very quiet, and so on the 10th April we go on our annual holiday to Koh Chang, an island off the south coast near Cambodia. we open the restaurant again on the 21st April.

Koh Chang has a coast on one side that is packed with seaside resorts, and we can visit any one and use their beach, bars and pools; so we can go to a different one every day. Our nice little rental bungalow is in the middle of the coast so very convenient. This time the kids will be fishing out the back in the river while we do the BBQ. Mr Yupin says he used bacon rind as bait when he was 8 years old and it was very good. I wonder if the fish here agree with their cousins in the caribbean. We shall see. But I am not sure about soaking it in whisky first.

I hope you have a lovely Songkran and I send you my very best wishes and love; I look forward to seeing you

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

2. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (April 4th, 2016)

Liked

Re: Update from my favorite restaurant Yupins

I've only eaten there once but would happily go back. The caviar starter was fantastic and service was excellent. Probably best to book as it always seems very busy.

Liked

I've eaten there several times, usually in the outside section. I've always had excellent food there, although with the hot climate, I never feel like having a three course meal with wine.

Liked

I am very pleased to tell you that we are back and ready to open again tomorrow night, Thursday 21st.
    We had a super break on Koh Chang, no elephants this time, but lots of relaxing and swimming in the sea collecting sea shells, feeding the fish and eating lots. of course.
    The weather held very well, and except for a couple of days, when it was just too hot to go out, around 36/37, it was lovely.
    We played badminton shuttling the cocks, until around 6pm when the mosquitoes tried to join us, but no luck because we went inside!
    Last time here we got very badly bitten by 'no seeums' in the sand but this time we fooled them and used cream.
    The sea was fantastic and the river out the back full of interest with all the life going on, boats canoes tourists fishermen, restaurants, and so on.
    We even saw a small boat with a laid table and two romantic diners being punted up and down! see photo below.

Well, we had news that the weather was going to turn bad in that area on the last few days so we chose to come home. When it turns bad over there, bridges and roads and factories get washed away as water comes down from the mountains in very fierce rivers. So we are home again, very nice! It's great to be back.

And of course now that we are open again tomorrow, thursday, we are hoping to see you again very soon, so here are some photos for you!

Love from Yupin xxx

yupin@yupins.com

www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves