Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai immigration data leak

Liked

Thai immigration data leak

As per few sources at past weekend highly sensitive data including names, addresses and passport details of foreigners in southern Thailand breach occurred.

The scariest part of the story is that Thai immigration officials gave freelance programmer Akram Aleeming highly sensitive data, so he could build his "test" system. Thai immigration data shared online includes all southern provinces from Chumphon down to Yala and Narathiwat. Names, nationality, passport numbers, addresses and work details all published. http://www.adsum.in.th/index.php

12719426_10153886225166154_2957731568767295309_o.jpg

12419267_10153883970726154_4298640197015291536_o.jpg

12885959_10153884133736154_5080951372706733959_o.jpg

12916368_10153884179556154_7639735055411958506_o.jpg

Liked

Re: Thai immigration data leak

What? What?? What???
    Moses, I'm sorry, but you are slowly becoming almost incomprehensible ... this post as well as the post regarding "2's," and "@'s". (The only thing I got out of that particular reply was that 'moderation' would be forthcoming if such things appeared in posts ... which means to me such shenanigans should be mentioned in the Guidelines).
    '
    And those maps (in this thread). What??
    I have no idea what you are talking about in either post ... perhaps I'm alone on this?
    Last edited by Smiles; March 28th, 2016 at 22:01.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

It seems the Thai immigration bureau has a history of website hacking.
    http://thehackpost.com/tunisian-atta...n-website.html
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog View Post
    It seems the Thai immigration bureau has a history of website hacking.
    http://thehackpost.com/tunisian-atta...n-website.html
    No. It was not hacker - data base has been accidentally published online by freelancer, who made this program (with personal data of foreigners: passport numbers, address in Thailand. nationality and so on) for immigration bureau and forgot to protect his job with password for staff only. So it became visible to everyone visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    What? What?? What???
    Moses, I'm sorry, but you are slowly becoming almost incomprehensible ... this post as well as the post regarding "2's," and "@'s". (The only thing I got out of that particular reply was that 'moderation' would be forthcoming if such things appeared in posts ... which means to me such shenanigans should be mentioned in the Guidelines).
    '
    And those maps (in this thread). What??
    I have no idea what you are talking about in either post ... perhaps I'm alone on this?
    Shortly: don't use letter "@" at your post if you want it be published immediately. If you will use @ - your post will be filtered (and hidden) by forum's robot then and will be "on hold" till time when admins or moderators will read and approve it for publication.

Liked

Doesn't Thai immigration have their own software developers? They need to contract this work out?

Liked

Shocking, eh? But seriously, it is.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Doesn't Thai immigration have their own software developers? They need to contract this work out?
    I should clarify... not a problem they contracted the project out, as nearly every government does that. But why would you award a contract like this to an individual freelancer? That's insane. No disrespect to myself, but that's as dumb as awarding me a contract to upgrade the Thai immigration system, then giving me full access to the system.

I'll take a wild guess and say it was a pre-meditated social engineering hack. So they didn't get hacked in the traditional, technical sense, but instead someone schmoozed their way into getting awarded the contract, in order to get access.

Liked

I give up. Bye bye New Sawatdee.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Smiles, you are being deliberately obtuse.

Moses does not 'have' English as his mother-tongue so let up a bit.

Being a Canadian-dialect speaker (as I am a user of Strine) I would expect a higher degree of tolerance for non-English speakers who are grappling with the complexities of one of the world's most difficult-to-learn languages. Difficult because it is often arse-about-face from most other languages on the planet and uses wayyy too many "decorative" words and phrases.

In juxtaposition, pasa thai and bahasa meleyu/indinesia are simple, direct, elegant languages.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    Smiles, you are being deliberately obtuse
    I have to agree! There was a thread not so long ago - the latest of many - about how (1) the number of posters has been falling off and (2) those from countries who do not have English as a first language rarely make posts. Most of us have known for years that Moses is not a native English speaker. Now we know that without his input, this forum might have died sooner rather than later. Besides he has a considerably better knowledge of this part of the world than many who do post and so his inputs are valuable. Disappearing in a huff merely because English fluency and construction may not be as you would wish is surely somewhat petty, I suggest. Were you so uptight about one particular native English poster whose posts often run for 5, 6 or more lines with hardly any punctuation?

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 29th, 2016), francois (March 29th, 2016), Tintin (March 30th, 2016)