Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Rambutan Resort in Phnom Penh

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rambutan Resort in Phnom Penh

I'm not putting anything negative on Tripadvisor because there would be very little of that to report, and because I would not want the hotel to lose any business because of anything I might say. The staff are fantastic and that is the strength of the establishment.

However, "gay friendly" in this case means you can bring back a boy you met in a bar or disco to spend the night, but there are also going to be straight couples and possibly children in residence.

The swimming pool (not olympic size by any means) is open to outsiders upon payment of a fee. Last Sunday there were 10-12 couples, mostly of the LGBT variety, who stopped by to use the pool. Most were 20-somethings, enjoying themselves noisily just a few feet below my pool view room. That's the only reason why I'll not be staying at Rambutan again, at least not on a weekend.

There is a new gay hotel being built next to Rambutan, I mean 100% gay, so they say. Don't know if a fussy old fart like myself will find that any more relaxing, but will try it out when construction is complete in a few months' time. And I'll certainly go back to Rambutan for some meals or drinks just to feast my eyes on the young guys working there.

Liked

Re: Rambutan Resort in Phnom Penh

bobsaigon2 had a look at Rambutan and it looks impressive.

here is the website

http://rambutanresort.com/home/

I would like to know more details as they come to hand.