Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siam Country Club

Liked

Siam Country Club

Siam Country Club is a wonderful place to go for a leisurely lunch. After you've parked, a golf buggy whisks you up to the clubhouse. There you can enjoy lovely western or Thai food while enjoying the plush furnishings and gently rolling hills of the course. 5 star service for 3 star prices.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Siam Country Club

Sounds nice. So it's open to non-members? How much was lunch? How to get there with no car?

Liked

Non members are very welcome. A taxi or baht bus can take you there very easily. Lunch was pineapple fried rice with shrimp, a mango shake and a latte. Cost was 486 baht including service charge.

Liked

Talking about this area , near the lake , I always wanted to visit , but I live in Jomtien . I understand there are plenty of western restaurants with decent food and not too expensive, You can get a good meal for 200ish baht .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

now before u all fall off your collective chairs...its not always about the money..it's the whole package..I do think there's a difference between an upsized BK meal in a mall and a meal in a country club with beautiful views.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

There are another 2 restaurants that are often toughted on that other board with the foot section that are also on the "dark side" and they just happen to be on the discount app called Eatigo, have been to both and will say they are less than exciting.

For those that don't know what the "dark side" is it is the other side of Pattaya's Sukumvit road!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Latin is right. The whole package at Siam Country Club will leave you with an enormous sense of well being. Of having enjoyed a touch of class.

Liked

It sounds similar to a trip to Silverlake vineyard for lunch. About the same distance and also beautiful views including a lake. The restaurant at Silverlake is in a baronial hall of a room with all-glass front and very high ceiling; it is probably a bit more expensive. The chocolate souffle dessert is one of my all-time favourites.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

Thanks Peter. I've never heard of Silverlake Vineyard. It's on my list for the next trip. Where is it?

And today I'm having the fillet steak baguette with French fries and a salad for 250 baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whaaat...BHT 250?!...on the off chance that it is really fillet it must only be the thinnest smallest cut possible. Suspect what they r gonna feed u is more like brisket.