List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flamingo Hotel - recent review? Other options.

Liked

Flamingo Hotel - recent review? Other options.

Hey everyone.
    Trying to sort out lodging for a couple of brief stays in Pattaya in January. These are just a couple of party nights each, nestled among other travel plans, so not really keen on renting a condo...which is probably for the best as our normal place looks well and truly booked.

Anyone with recent experience at Flamingo? I really like the location (from numerous stays at Mosaik) but wonder how the rooms and service have been. I know there is not an elevator, which is not a deal breaker for us. Seems rooms are available for the nights needed, but hesitant to book without knowing a bit more about the place.

Also wondering about any of the small places in Sunee. Eldorado seems like a great location, but I can't find any good info. Anyone stay there and can give some opinion?

I think Don Plaza (Elephant) was reported being remodeled? At any rate, it is not showing up in searches on agoda, etc.

Thanks for any opinions.

Liked

Re: Flamingo Hotel - recent review? Other options.

I had an unplanned visit in 2013 , found it difficult to get a place and was recommended to stay at the south end of Mosaik, T B Mansions
    Previously there had been a restaurant downstairs

It is still called T B Mansions and here is Nickys link There is no active link The restaurant has gone.
    http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... t/hotel-dn
    Tel: 038 724 188
    20/63-64 Soi Day-Night
    South Pattaya Road
    South Pattaya

The Colonial in Sunee is surprising value, but is frequent booked by those who have returned
    http://www.colonialpattaya.com/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thanks Wombat.
    I know exactly where TB Mansions is located...walked past it many times while staying at Mosaik and heading to Sunee.

Did you stay there? How were the rooms / beds? Any impressions of the place would help.

And thanks for posting the link for the Colonial. I had not realized they had one up and running.
    I have sent off an email asking about availability. We stayed at Baan Dak Mai many times and always enjoyed the owners company...

Liked

I had 2 weeks at the Flamingo in September, and was quite satisfied with the room .
    The furnishings were a bit worn , but the Aircon was good, Wi-Fi was good, and it got cleaned every day ..
    Location was great, and for the price, I would stay there again ..

I did spot a Gecko going off under the wardrobe though ...Lol .

Liked

Halfhansum: Thank you very much for the report on your recent Flamingo visit. Sounds just fine to me, gecko included. LOL
    If there is nothing available at the couple of places I have inquires into, I will just book Flamingo and be done.
    I really like the area and should be fine for a couple of days.

How was the bed?

Liked

I moved out of Flamingo as I like to sleep with windows open at night. Was shocked to see people on the balcony moving along after I was in bed. That made me nervous. I closed the windows but the security was not greatly improved.
    Secondly the reception area is closed at night Confusion when I came home early and a girl was waiting with my room key. Not sure how long she was going to stay
    after trying to chat with her.
    Rooms very basic and cleaned daily.
    I looked for something a little safer.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I moved out of Flamingo as I like to sleep with windows open at night. Was shocked to see people on the balcony moving along after I was in bed. That made me nervous. I closed the windows but the security was not greatly improved.
    Secondly the reception area is closed at night Confusion when I came home early and a girl was waiting with my room key. Not sure how long she was going to stay
    after trying to chat with her.
    Rooms very basic and cleaned daily.
    I looked for something a little safer.
    I am not sure what you mean by this. You had people on the balcony of your room? From pictures on the internet, that doesn't seem quite right as the balcony is separate for each room.

And then you came home early but reception is closed at night...but a girl was waiting with your room key?

Maybe it is just me, but I am not following you at all.

Liked

I dont follow it either ..My room had a Balcony, but it was only attached to my room , no one could acess it from the next room .
    And i was given an electronic tab to open the front doors when the reception was closed ..
    And the bed was fine for me by the way, despite being over-ocupied at times ... Lol

Liked

ok thanks. Glad I was not the only one not following wombat's post.

Sounds like we would be fine at Flamingo if the other plans fall through.

Had no one stayed at El Dorado? Seems like a pretty good option in Sunee if the rooms and service are OK...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halfhansum
    I did spot a Gecko going off under the wardrobe though ...Lol .
    No worries, the geckos are good guys. They eat all the spiders and bugs. The only creature that comes into the house the dogs are willing to chase after is the geckos, which sucks, because that's the only creature I like because they eat the other ones. Get a cockroach or spider or something in here, and the dogs could care less, and leave me to take care of it.

Only problem with the geckos is they tend to leave huge shits all over the place, but they're small enough to be easily swept up.

Anyway, I've stayed at Flamingo before. Years ago though, so my review doesn't count, but it was a nice room, friendly owner, and definitely no complaints. I prefer Mosaik just across the street, but Flamingo was quite nice as well.