List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I found the epitomy of stupid.

Liked

I think I found the epitomy of stupid.

That showed up on my Facebook wall just a while ago.

I... I don't know the words. Except how much does a Thai street dog go for these days? Hell, I could form a crew, and we could probably round up 100/hour.

I'm sorry, but... are people in Canada so rich, they're flying Thai street dogs over now?

Liked

Re: I think I found the epitomy of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt

That showed up on my Facebook wall just a while ago.

I... I don't know the words. Except how much does a Thai street dog go for these days? Hell, I could form a crew, and we could probably round up 100/hour.

I'm sorry, but... are people in Canada so rich, they're flying Thai street dogs over now?
    No Sir, you have stumbled on the epitomy of CLEVER.

Virtually ALL charities are SCAMS esp in Asia. The people of Canada are no richer on average that citizens of other western counties but this particular charity has found a way to AIRLIFT 2 street dogs to gullible doners in Canada at NO expense to themselves I can tell you.

Most foreign charities in Asia, Africa and S. America are run by so called "altrustic" foreigners who in the meekest fashion draw down huge expenses in favour of themselves and extended family.

Take Cambodia for example; the P M (no saint himself for sure) has brought in a few reasonable requirements for charities/NGOs ie that they identify their country of origin, that they declare their exact mission and that they publish accounts. In response they have brought their Cambodian workers and volunteers onto the streets in vocal protest.
    No way will the Cambodian Government remove these altruist scammers from their free Villas and plush apartments without a fight.
    The dogs are being airlifted to Canada at a time when thousands of humans are being drowned in sinking rubber boats in their efforts to make a new life in Europe.
    Tells you how f-cked up everything is now.

I'm think "doner kebabs" thaiguest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Would be cheaper but not as fresh if they arrived
    frozen instead of live?

Liked

So after she sends the money (I'm sure it's $6000+), what do you think the chances of her getting the dogs delivered to Canada are?

heh.

I tried telling her, but she isn't listening. She's going to help the Thai street dogs damnit!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Epitomy? Not epitome?

Thaiguest has put it in proper perspective: The dogs are being airlifted to Canada at a time when thousands of humans are being drowned in sinking rubber boats in their efforts to make a new life in Europe. Tells you how f-cked up everything is now.

I simply cannot understand why anyone puts more importance on the lives of stray animals than on the lives of humans. OK, feed some strays that hang around your neighborhood, but if you have hundreds or thousands of dollars to spare, use that to help people who are in need. No shortage of them in Thailand and elsewhere.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2
    Epitomy? Not epitome?

Thaiguest has put it in proper perspective: The dogs are being airlifted to Canada at a time when thousands of humans are being drowned in sinking rubber boats in their efforts to make a new life in Europe. Tells you how f-cked up everything is now.

I simply cannot understand why anyone puts more importance on the lives of stray animals than on the lives of humans. OK, feed some strays that hang around your neighborhood, but if you have hundreds or thousands of dollars to spare, use that to help people who are in need. No shortage of them in Thailand and elsewhere.
    Yes "epitome" but also with an "ecu' which my tablet doesn't have but what matters an ecu or two in such crazy times?
    It's probably not correct to imply that the dog charity has no concern for the human tragedy but the case of the canadian-bound dogs illustrates to what lengths charities will go to generate income and , above all, publicity.
    The third world is inundated with charities doing good work in some cases yes but at enoromous cost to doners, to gullible young volunteers and often to the objects of the charity, in many cases.
    They also take the many currupt governments off the hook .
    There's a scandal unfolding in Napal now regarding orphan charities for instance. It appears that thousands of non-orphaned children are being kept away from their families to fill orphanage quotas by unscrupulous scammers on the ground and abroad.
    In Cambodia a small group of activists are trying to replace the massive orphanage model of childcare with a family/village based system instead but they will have their work cut out for them. The many foreign charity bosses love their expense accounts and detached villas and their sons and daughters coming and going free of charge on "gap-years" or to earn college credits for the that coveted social studies "Masters" degree from the renowned Slamdunk University of Tumbleweedville.
    Want the good life? Be at or near the top of a charity!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    Want the good life? Be at or near the top of a charity!
    Still the epitome of head-rattling generalization, eh Thaiguest. Is there any issue which inherently and by nature includes numerous levels of complexity that you will not boil down to a simplistic sound bite?
    (At this point Thaiguest turns around, rubbing his hands together, and declares to anyone still listening that: "... I guess I wrapped that up well ... ".)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Epitomy? Not epitome?
    It is cdnmatt we're talking about isn't it?

Liked

if you really want to see f-cked up just get a picture of a drowned puppy washed up on the banks of the Chao Phraya onto social media and watch the tear-jerk reaction

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!