Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Not all restaurants are doing badly

Liked

Not all restaurants are doing badly

This newsletter is a good summary of dining out in Pattaya. At least someone is not complaining.
    There are 6 photos I could not reproduce on my phone Might try tomorrow.

Yupin Marsh <yupin@yupins.com>
    20:40 (1 hour ago)

Hi,

i am delighted to tell you that we are still here, in the low season, which is very good.
    in fact, most nights our inside air con section is full and the terrace outside is sometimes half full, so we are very pleased.
    It seems to be a record low season, what I mean to say is that most customers we speak to say that they have never seen it so very quiet, every where.
    Especially on the beach, very quiet, and there are the usual crop of retail premises closing, maybe until the high season or perhaps forever.
    Au contraire, chez nous, we have been lucky, and since the water festival, Songkran, which is one of the lowest months, we have seen a gradual return of guests and holidaymakers every week.
    Lots of 'well its nice to see you again, we were here last year/season". It is very good and we hope it keeps on coming. It is so lovely and exciting to see our customers return every year, with their stories of distant lands.

Every now and then we are able to introduce a new dish, for your continued interest and satisfaction of course, and one of them recently was the Russian red caviar which was so very popular.
    Our kitchen staff presented it beautifully, if I may say so, in fine bone china, with buttered black bread, quails eggs with mayonnaise and salad, and gherkins and silver onions. it was so popular and so it was a surprise when we could not get any more, having sold around twenty portions (not expensive for caviar at 595 baht). Of course we are in touch regularly with our friendly suppliers from Vladivostok, and luckily we now hear that another consignment will be available in two weeks time, this time of even greater quality, as caviar is a seasonal product, as Mr yupin has discovered.

Another new 'Special' meal, not so seasonal, is the Australian Black Angus striploin steak, of which we have discovered a good supply, and we now have available. It is 495 baht for a lovely juicy steak, well marbled and cooked to your specification, served with three sauces, a pepper sauce, a curry sauce and a white sauce with a fig marsala. Also of course it is served with vegetables and a choice of potatoes. Really succulent and satisfying.

you can try this with one of Mr Yupin's new wines, perhaps a Michel Lynch (of Lynch-Bages fame) a red grand vin de Bordeaux, a delightful light claret, (we also stock his lovely ROSE from Bordeaux) or the good old Mouton Cadet by Baron Philippe de Rothschild, (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc) an Appellation Bordeaux controlle. This was a regular quaffing wine back in the day, when Mr Yupin was a student of Catering at Oxford. It was a lot cheaper then he says!!
    Also available, I am reminded, are the 'full on' wines of Australia, New Zealand and Chile which never fail to satisfy the steak eater. What a great choice to have!!

So, in the not so far distant future we hope to see more and better Caviar, and introduce you to our epicurean Mr Black Angus of Australia, to your great satisfaction and digestive delight!

Also along these lines is the certainty of Mr Yupin's Indian Lamb Curry with popadoms and roti and home made chutney among other things. These are 'COMING SOON' !!

So, now some photos of food and our culinaire customers who take the opportunity to graze 'chez nous' on occasion.

It is with great sadness that I must record the loss of a good friend and customer, Jean-Paul Rocher from Canada, who suffered a heart attack while sail surfing in Pattaya last week. "A Bientot" John, God rest you.

Best Wishes and Lots of Love from YUPIN. xxxxx

087 062 9672
    081 772 0679
    http://www.yupins.com
    yupin@yupins.com

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Not all restaurants are doing badly

What an appealing and informative promotion: GUSTIBUS MENS DAT INCREMENTUM. (incremntum?).

Liked

I can recommend Yupins, good food at reasonable prices.

Liked

Just 3 of the meals posted in email from Yupins.

[attachment=2:k8313fe0]yupin 1`.jpg[/attachment:k8313fe0]

[attachment=1:k8313fe0]yupin 2.jpg[/attachment:k8313fe0]

[attachment=0:k8313fe0]yupin3.jpg[/attachment:k8313fe0]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves