Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Massages in Pattaya.

Liked

Massages in Pattaya.

On my upcoming trip to Thailand I intend to enjoy more massages. I have always enjoyed some of the normal oil/cream one's with happy endings available. But in all my 15 years visiting never had standard/foot/head massages. A bit of a crime really as when in Pattaya stay at Mosaik and so pass many massage shops many times every day, and the boys outside are always so welcoming and chatty.

I know there have been many threads about massage shops but just looking for fresh updates regarding the shops around Tuk-Com. I can never remember the names of them all, bar Blue House. On another board/forum which often discusses massage joints (mostly in Bkk) I got some helpful advice on costs etc.. for a start I wasn't aware that a foot massage is expected to last an hour, I expected that to be just for oil massages and foot/head massages to be 30 mins or so.

So in the shops around Tuk-Com is the normal cost around Bt200 for foot/head massage? and 'expected' tip? Bt100, Bt200? My one visit to one of these smaller massage shops for an oil massage was not as enjoyable, as it was the curtain-style with a few beds in the same room, do they also have VIP rooms with shower facilities as Blue House? Do you choose your masseur for foot/head massage or is there a rota list for the boys and you just get allocated someone rather than choose?

Thanks for any updated info.

Liked

Re: Massages in Pattaya.

Hey NewAlan.

The costs for foot massage are pretty standard across all the shops. 200 baht for an hour is the norm. There are a couple non-"gay" shops that are less, but not really worth the effort to find them. Expected tip is 100-200. All these shops have a rotation set for the boys, but you can usually pick who you want if that is important. Not sure I would bother for a foot massage unless you wanted to specifically chat someone up for possible later fun.

I prefer venturing away from TukCom for foot massage. Their setup is more for the rub and tug and not really fitted out for a great foot massage...or great body massage actually. Instead, I will take a quick walk down South Pattaya Road to 2nd road. Several shops there have good upholstered recliners and good air conditioning. The one we always go to is Chavarom...or something like that. A couple of the guys there give a great Thai massage, which BF appreciates. You lose out on the "gay" atmosphere, but it is an overall better experience. BTW: It is also a decent place for a body massage. It is up to the luck of the draw of course, but I had one of my wildest sessions there. Other times, no hanky panky at all...but always a good massage.

You can also alter things a bit and ask for 1 hour foot massage plus 30 minuted head/neck or other similar requests.

I have been in most of the TukCom shops. I don't recall any of them have a VIP room, though I didn't specifically ask. Som-Jit, on the side street from TukCom seemed to only have thin mattress on the floor. Relax1 (is it still called that? The one at the rear entrance of TukCom) has at least some massage tables, but no private shower that I have seen.

Hope you have a great trip. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Liked

I must have had 100 massages in Thailand and the one I had in the shop immediately behind Tuk Com was the worst ever. The two shops on Second Rd, not far from Boyztown aren't bad, either for ordinary massage, or for happy ending if you indicate you want that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    On my upcoming trip to Thailand I intend to enjoy more massages. I have always enjoyed some of the normal oil/cream one's with happy endings available. But in all my 15 years visiting never had standard/foot/head massages. A bit of a crime really as when in Pattaya stay at Mosaik and so pass many massage shops many times every day, and the boys outside are always so welcoming and chatty.

I know there have been many threads about massage shops but just looking for fresh updates regarding the shops around Tuk-Com. I can never remember the names of them all, bar Blue House. On another board/forum which often discusses massage joints (mostly in Bkk) I got some helpful advice on costs etc.. for a start I wasn't aware that a foot massage is expected to last an hour, I expected that to be just for oil massages and foot/head massages to be 30 mins or so.

So in the shops around Tuk-Com is the normal cost around Bt200 for foot/head massage? and 'expected' tip? Bt100, Bt200? My one visit to one of these smaller massage shops for an oil massage was not as enjoyable, as it was the curtain-style with a few beds in the same room, do they also have VIP rooms with shower facilities as Blue House? Do you choose your masseur for foot/head massage or is there a rota list for the boys and you just get allocated someone rather than choose?

Thanks for any updated info.
    The massage venues around Tuk Com and in Boyztown are doing well as replacements for the many gay bars that are closing and closed. But if you want to experience a standard invigorating massage for your tired muscles and sore joints don't go there cos the boys haven't GOT A CLUE how to massage. A very good compromise if you don't want a lady all over you is either of the 2 massage venues opposite Boyztown on 2nd Rd. One of them is called SEAMASSAGE. In these 2 venues the boys have been trained in massage school. The facilities are excellent and there's great privacy upstairs for body massage.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    Several shops there have good upholstered recliners and good air conditioning.
    That's imperative for me. I once had a foot massage in a massage room, lying on the floor with legs at an angle; I clearly prefer reclineable chair for foot massage.

I got good massages (1 hour oil) in all Pattaya gay massage places I went to, and in most Bangkok massage places (actually it depends on masseur, not on massage place; but some gay massage places seem to have staff which is not trained in massage).

Liked

I prefer venturing away from TukCom for foot massage.
    Thanks for the helpful info 'anonone' never thought about looking for massages outside Tuk-com area, but this is where other's personal experiences come in very handy with updated posts.

Probably would prefer gay lads just to able to chat and have gay atmosphere, but I think I'll try a few in different areas just to see how I get on.

Bt200 for massage and Bt200 tip? Is that considered fair or generous for a standard foot massage? Don't like to be cheap but prefer to go by accepted/normal rates. For happy ending massages or anything with sexual content I always give Bt1000.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    A very good compromise if you don't want a lady all over you is either of the 2 massage venues opposite Boyztown on 2nd Rd. One of them is called SEAMASSAGE. In these 2 venues the boys have been trained in massage school. The facilities are excellent and there's great privacy upstairs for body massage.
    Thanks for this suggestion 'thaiguest', it seems my best option would be to try around various massage shops from Tuk-com to Boyztown. But it appears the feedback so far is to avoid tuk-com! Not what I expected!

Liked

I think a Bt200 tip for a foot massage is fine in Pattaya. I saw a masseur in Chiang Mai, where things are cheaper, for a while and he said 100 baht tip was the right/ok amount there with a 180 baht foot massage. Some customers don't tip anything, which isn't fair unless the massage is awful. A new masseur may only get one third of the massage price. So if he only does three a day he might get 200 baht for the day if there are no tips. An extra 600 baht in tips makes all the difference.

Liked

Several mentions have been made of Blue House but I notice that Royal House, which is in the lane at back of Tukcom going away from Mosaik, has the most guys and seem better trained.

The Somjit massage just up from Mosaik has been joined by two more . One almost a part of Mosaik and the other just two doors from Mosaik. This one has the advantage of happy ending but no stairs to walk up. I find that the convenience of not walking up 2 flights of stairs attractive .

Almost next door to Colonial is an open massage place where I get an excellent massage foot and back . No happy endings and all in public.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    I prefer venturing away from TukCom for foot massage.
    Thanks for the helpful info 'anonone' never thought about looking for massages outside Tuk-com area, but this is where other's personal experiences come in very handy with updated posts.

Probably would prefer gay lads just to able to chat and have gay atmosphere, but I think I'll try a few in different areas just to see how I get on.

Bt200 for massage and Bt200 tip? Is that considered fair or generous for a standard foot massage? Don't like to be cheap but prefer to go by accepted/normal rates. For happy ending massages or anything with sexual content I always give Bt1000.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    A very good compromise if you don't want a lady all over you is either of the 2 massage venues opposite Boyztown on 2nd Rd. One of them is called SEAMASSAGE. In these 2 venues the boys have been trained in massage school. The facilities are excellent and there's great privacy upstairs for body massage.
    Thanks for this suggestion 'thaiguest', it seems my best option would be to try around various massage shops from Tuk-com to Boyztown. But it appears the feedback so far is to avoid tuk-com! Not what I expected!
    In my experience, 200 baht tip for the 200 baht foot massage is generous. BF indicates 100 baht is more in-line, and I have gone that low a couple of times for mediocre massages, but 200 is my normal. BF also tips 200 for an hour long 200 baht Thai massage when the guy is very good and gives a strong session.
    (I tried Thai massage once and didn't walk correctly for days. Not limber enough for that nonsense, but BF loves them.)

I don't want to leave you with the wrong impression about the TukCom places. I have been a frequent patron of them, mostly Som Jit. I just don't perceive them as a "serious" massage place and they definitely are not as nicely outfitted for foot massage. Instead, I view them as a convenient place for some hanky-panky with some really fun staff. I find the foot/shoulder/head etc massages to be very relaxing and invigorating and view them much differently then when I am looking for some sex fun. A comfortable recliner, adequate air conditioning, and skilled staff is much more important to me for these visits.

I have been persuaded a couple of times to change my outlook for the visit. When I get a good vibe off the guy and find him attractive, I have occasionally added on an oil massage after getting the foot massage started. The place we usually go to (Chavarome) has actual private rooms with massage tables, though the shower is down the hall. Benefit is a really good body massage with the likely possibility of some more fun. A bit less certain, but that kind of adds to the experience.

If you are looking for more up-scale, Magnolia was the best facility wise out of all the places I have visited in Pattaya. Nice rooms with good tables, shower inside the room. It slips a bit when the owner is not around but still pretty good. It is located just off South Road near Suk Rd, so an easy baht bus ride from TukCom.

There was a thread about the place on one of the forums if you need more details.

Liked

I don't want to leave you with the wrong impression about the TukCom places. I have been a frequent patron of them, mostly Som Jit. I just don't perceive them as a "serious" massage place and they definitely are not as nicely outfitted for foot massage. Instead, I view them as a convenient place for some hanky-panky with some really fun staff. I find the foot/shoulder/head etc massages to be very relaxing and invigorating and view them much differently then when I am looking for some sex fun. A comfortable recliner, adequate air conditioning, and skilled staff is much more important to me for these visits
    No....I don't have any negative thoughts about the Tuk-com shops, I would still base most of my non-oil massages around Tuk-com, as much just for a relaxing hour with a nice lad in attendance, but I think given the responses I would probably try others outside tuk-com area as well just to see the range of massage styles. Your comments on the differences between 'fun' massages and 'proper' massages seems to be reflected by others too. I would probably like to sample both.

As I walk back and fore from/to Mosaik around the area I have got to know a few of the lads who sit outside the massage shops and they are very nice, chatty and pleasant when asking if I want a massage asking my name and if I'm on Gay Romeo etc...,so it would be nice to engage them for a change where I can be relaxing and they can be earning while we chat/flirt/joke.

In my experience, 200 baht tip for the 200 baht foot massage is generous. BF indicates 100 baht is more in-line
    Thanks for all the info 'anonone', most helpful, especially details like tipping expectations/norms.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    The Somjit massage just up from Mosaik has been joined by two more . One almost a part of Mosaik and the other just two doors from Mosaik. This one has the advantage of happy ending but no stairs to walk up. I find that the convenience of not walking up 2 flights of stairs attractive
    Yes I was wondering about the massage shop next to Mosaik as I often stop for a coffee outside there. The lasses/lads and one Tom who seem to work there are always asking why I never take a massage. Maybe start with foot massage and see the 'lie of the land', thanks for that Lonely.

I'll be trying my first massages in a couple of days, i'll report back......