Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do they make ?

Liked

How much do they make ?

Often wondered how much the go-go boys of Sunee make each evening ? With few customers, it seems that most boys don`t even get a drink all night, let alone an off ...(At least in low season)
    Do they get a wage from the bar, for just being there ?

Liked

Re: How much do they make ?

It varies obviously. Popular boys will make more money than the less popular ones. Some are on a salary while others are on commission only depending (I believe) on what time they choose to start/finish work. Average salary for a gogo boy is about 3000 baht a month. It goes without saying that all earnings are doubled when NIrish moseys into town.

Liked

From what I know, about 100 to 1000 Baht depending if they get an "off". I always try to pass out 20s or 40s to a few boys just so they have some food money.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    It goes without saying that all earnings are doubled when NIrish moseys into town.
    I would absolutely refute that, as whilst work load and time spent "on the job" may SLIGHTLY increase for some boys ( alas I'm just not the man I once was and my best days are behind me I fear :-( lol ) I see no reason why that guys earnings should change "pro rata" based on the number of fucks given per session versus the actual number of off's undertaken per se as of course the canny farang will try to squeeze the maximum number of fucks into each off anyway I trust otherwise we're just facilitating the urge for Thai boys to remain lazy - I see my working them harder as just another way of instilling a good work ethic in their cute wee minds !

Oh my god I've just realised I sound like Latin !!!

I should add I am joking on all counts as I'm SURE that it's not I who keeps half of Pattaya's boys employed but is actually Anon and Colmx between them and I alas am merely a keen amateur by comparison !

Liked

I sat in a bar opposite one go go bar in Patong Beach one night in January and wondered how the bar had about 14 boys working there when I saw very few customers. I soon found out the answer from an ex 'employee' I met. They get no salary and rely on any off fees. One man had worked there for many weeks and never had an off, only a few tips. They work about an 8 hour shift.

Liked

Depends on the bar. Some pay no wage at all, whereas others for example, pay 100 baht/day. That's technically illegal considering minimum wage here is 300 baht/day, but their profession is illegal too, so what the hell. But with the 100 baht/day comes various restrictions usually, such as if you're late or miss a day, 100 - 300 baht is deducted, and so on.

Then you have bars that will pay for lodging and meals, but others won't. Generally, "lodging" consists of 15 guys sleeping in a small room upstairs the bar together, and "meals" consist of 20 baht plates of food once a night.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    It goes without saying that all earnings are doubled when NIrish moseys into town.
    I would absolutely refute that, as whilst work load and time spent "on the job" may SLIGHTLY increase for some boys ( alas I'm just not the man I once was and my best days are behind me I fear :-( lol ) I see no reason why that guys earnings should change "pro rata" based on the number of fucks given per session versus the actual number of off's undertaken per se as of course the canny farang will try to squeeze the maximum number of fucks into each off anyway I trust otherwise we're just facilitating the urge for Thai boys to remain lazy - I see my working them harder as just another way of instilling a good work ethic in their cute wee minds !

Oh my god I've just realised I sound like Latin !!!

I should add I am joking on all counts as I'm SURE that it's not I who keeps half of Pattaya's boys employed but is actually Anon and Colmx between them and I alas am merely a keen amateur by comparison !
    From past trips, based on the number of boys rushing up to me to ask if I knew where NIrish was....your amateur status is under question.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    ........your amateur status is under question.
    He he well I did admit to being a KEEN amateur I guess ! What can i say, so many guys, so little time ! :-)

But I can confirm that anything I know I learnt from a certain farang who NO MATTER when I see him has no less than half a dozen or MORE Thai guys in his company and even then STILL sometimes needs to "disappear" for a "short time" to take care of some "pressing business" elsewhere :-) Like I said, me, I'm only a mere amateur compared to SOME people I know ! lol

Liked

Just came back from Thailand a first visit since 2008 I was in shock to found out how weak were business in the boys bars in BKK/Soi Twilight , Pattaya and Phuket / Patong compared to years ago only the popular bars had customers , in the others had very few or none at all .one of the workers in Patong think that the social web networks are killing the business.
    I think that this days it is very hard for boy to make a living in a bar compared to the past .

Liked

I estimate boys get offed on average 1 to 2 times per week.

Let's say 5 offs per months (5000 Baht) plus 3000 wage (depending on bar), that's 8000 Baht, in addition free food and lodging (or not, depending on bar), better than working on the farm! Every now and then a new mobile phone bought by a customer (or not, depending on customer).