Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailors in Pattaya

Liked

Tailors in Pattaya

The tailor I used for pants and shirts in Bangkok closed shop - now that I'm planning my July trio to Pattaya I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone there.

Liked

Re: Tailors in Pattaya

I have never seen any who would deserve the name of tailor.
    Maybe an hidden gem ?
    Now if it is only for shirts and trousers, ....

Liked

James Fashion has been the best recommended tailor in Pattaya. Their web site is: http://www.james-fashion.com/index.html

However, not everybody is pleased with them. See also: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2 ... ngkok.html

If you want only shirts, one shop is as good as the next. If you bring in a shirt you can leave with them to copy the pattern, the results are usually good and you'll have your new shirts within a day or two. As far as I know, none of them make the shirts themselves. They send out for them. I have no idea by whom or where the shirts are actually made, but I've been pleased with the results. The only reason I would have for choosing one shop over another for shirts would be which shop has the material and textiles I want my shirts made from. Depending on what kind of material you select, the price should be around 300 to 450 baht per shirt.

I've never tried James, but I've had shirts made by Next Fashion at the second entrance to Jomtien Complex, coming either from the city or from the Jomtien Beach Road and I was happy with the shirts.

If you want Armani quality suits or trousers, in my opinion Pattaya is the wrong place to be looking for them. If I did want a suit, James would be the only shop I would try.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I use the guy behind Tuk Com ( sorry can't remember name and I can't find his card) but if you''re standing on the steps of the BACK door of tuk com his shop is on the Soi to the left and on the block on front of you on your left just next to the 7/11 style shop on the corner ( it's not as complicated as I've just made it sound! ).

He's an old man who speaks very little english but his family help him and we always get where we need to be, I've used him for years with no issues ( just for shirts though), he measures you up, shows you loads of material and discusses cut and styles etc and then delivers in about 2 / 3 days as required, great prices and discounts for quantities and his quality is spot on, he'll also keep your measurements on file and if you're lucky enough to have kept your shape you can call from your home Country and he'll re make whatever you need and courier same out to you. He also makes suits etc of course too.

I do "think" he actually cuts and makes as I've seen both him and his family cutting away at bits of material out on his work bench out the back many times ( although that wouldn't be the first time I've seen that con worked where the same bit of cloth is cut 100 times for the benefit of the farang who just walked in to convince them they're in the actual tailors and not an agent, but I do think he's legit as he certainly seems to know his stuff and to be blunt even if he's not I don't care as I always get what I need from him.

If you take a walk around the back of the Sois there behind him you'll find any amount of "sweat shop" type tailoring places, which is I'm guessing where a lot of the ACTUAL tailoring work of the Pattaya agents is actually carried out.

Liked

Could you explain what "yuk com" is?

Liked

I have always had very good luck with the tailor on the eastern edge of Jomtien Complex along Thappraya Road.... Cannot recall the name .... Virtually immediately across Thappraya Rosd from the gate of View Talay #2 ...fast, accurate measurements, personable, large selection of cloth.

Liked

The appentice of the tailor shop on the RHS of Soi 1 going towards beach road, was authorised to offer a fuck for 2 suits.

I have no idea if the offer still holds - but certainly worth a mince past

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222
    I have always had very good luck with the tailor on the eastern edge of Jomtien Complex along Thappraya Road
    You might be talking about Next Fashion, the same one I mentioned in a post above. That's the only tailor I've ever noticed where you're describing.

By the way, I got the location wrong. I said it's located at the second Jomtien Complex entrance. Sorry - the actual location is at the entrance of the first Jomtien Complex entrance, coming from the city or the last entrance coming from the beach - the La Dolce Vita soi.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

I have always gotten excellent customer service at Amigo. They have a wide selection of fabrics and accessories . Located on Soi Diamond between Second Road and Walking Street. Owners name is Hans and is a friendly, nice and helpful guy. http://www.amigo-int.com/
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked

A friend agreed to buy a suit if the turban-sporting gent in the high st tailoring shop could show him a sewing machine. He couldn't of course because non of these guys are tailors. Everything is made by thais in sweatshop type places around Pattaya. There's a lot of such workshops in the narrow streets behind Tuk Com and on the left. So looks like all the shops are supplied by the same back st tailors-so much for bespoke tailoring.