Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: exchange

Liked

exchange

ok, need some help or advice regarding changing money.
    The exchange rate from the UK pound to the Euro is climming fast, today at 1- 1.43
    I live in europe so deal with euros, as the exchange rate is very very bad now for me to change into
    UK pound, How is it againts the Baht ???
    i have some UK pounds, but would rather keep them for my UK trip.
    Is the euro exchange to baht bad ?????

Liked

Re: exchange

Euro and Pound dropping like a rock in free fall; USD soaring like an Eagle.

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=EUR&to=THB

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What one gets for 1 US$ in THB has hardly changed since 1/1/15. In that respect francois is just wrong.
    Its just a bet you are waging and I would not do that with GBP. Also its not and has not been 1,43, you likely look at wrong figures or have no idea at all what you are about-in that case I would not even dream about such exchanges.
    IF you believe the EUR will sink further against US$ and IF you have enough spare cash and IF you also can get cash US$ at a favorable rate, then it MIGHT be worthwhile to buy some of that. DO check the 3 IFs first! In most parts of EUR-lands nowadays its near impossible to buy cash US$ without also much extra fees. These will wipe out any advanatge.
    I did when EUR stood at 1,18-not so much for TH but for visits to other $-countries later in the year and have, if situation now remains constant, saved with that maybe 50-60 eur on a grand total of nearly 1000.
    OTOH IF EUR rebounds from now-or later, before your holiday here in TH, then you loose out.

Liked

Correction; Euro steadily dropping in past year; British Pound dropping in past year; USD soaring in past month.

Check Exchange Rates Graph and decided for yourself.

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=EUR&to=THB

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    Is the euro exchange to baht bad ?????
    You have pounds and need them for going to the UK later. So why bother even considering changing them into Baht now and then having to get some GB┬г later when the rate against the тВм might be worse?

As pong pointed out, everyone changing money from their own currency to another has to take a gamble. There's no definite win-win situation. At the moment, because the тВм has been falling like a stone, you're going to suffer either way. I'm off to Europe for 5 weeks in June. I had to make certain advance purchases in October when the тВм was around US$1.34. But if I had not got the purchases then, I would have lost one of the reasons for making the trip. So I had zero choice. Recently I purchased some тВмs at 1.14 and will purchase some more at 1.06. I'm hedging a bit but I get an extremely favourable rate from my bank in Hong Kong, although I'll clearly lose out if the тВм falls much further. But I am far happier that way as I have covered myself in the unlikely event the тВм will rise just as I am about to travel.

Unless you are changing many thousands of тВмs, stick to changing from it into Baht when you need it. Don't even think about moving first into another currency.

Last point. The Bank of Thailand cut the interest rate two days ago. In theory the Baht should now fall a bit in value against many currencies.