Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Restaurants

Liked

Pattaya Restaurants

20 trips to Bangkok over 30 years and now planning my first trip to Pattaya - I thank everyone for advice on s Boystown hotel and have settled on the Ambiance - now - my passion is good food - any recommendations -

Liked

Re: Pattaya Restaurants

Pattaya doesn't have the great dining options like Bangkok. Not necessarily fine dining but I recommend the Mata Hari, Gian's, Cafe Des Amis, Chrysanthemum (Chinese), the lunch buffet at the Hilton (Central Festival), Au Bon Coin, Grill House (Royal Cliff), Mantra (Amari), breakfast buffet at Casa Pascal.

Liked

Brad mentioned Fuji Japanese restaurant in Bangkok, so I'll also give them a plug for their Pattaya branch in Central Festival.

Although I'm not a fan of overseas Japanese restaurants, Fuji is actually very good; you can even get the real wasabi, not that fake tasteless green slime most restaurants serve up to cater for foreigners. Fuji's wasabi will knock your socks off. And the menu is huge.

If you like steak, try East in Jomtien Complex. It's towards the upper end price-wise, but well worth in IMHO.

Personal recommendations are, of course, just opinions and you may find the restaurants disappointing. There is one well-known and often recommended restaurant which is on the left hand side of Thappraya Road not far from Jomtien Complex. I won't mention its name. I went there one night with Neal (yes, that Neal) and a fellow board member. I had one of the worst meals of my life. I ordered lobster (1500 baht if I recall) and it was the smallest lobster tail I'd ever laid eyes on. Not only that, it had been defrosted so was mushy and completely tasteless. Dessert - chocolate souffl├й - turned out to be a stale muffin smothered in sickly sweet sauce. Yuk!!

I'm a real foodie and would love to try out the restaurants others have recommended, but unfortunately, my regular guy in Pattaya just wants to eat steak or Japanese food. :ymapplause:

Liked

You're visiting Thailand and ask for restaurant recommendations. Not one of the recommended venues was a Thai restaurant. I find that extraordinary. Visit Thailand and not eat Thai food? Of course not. Whoever heard of such a thing.

However, if you want decent Thai food, there are many, many such restaurants in Pattaya/Jomtien. Two come immediately to mind: Sweet Potato on the Soi 16/17 extension across 3rd Road toward Jomtien serves fine, inexpensive Thai meals. Similarly, Two Pum Puy on Pratumnak Soi 5 is a good bet.

Liked

Paborn has mentioned he does not wish to ride a motorbike taxi so some of the restaurants listed above may be off limits?

Another good restaurant close by to Boyztown is Bordeaux.

Liked

The Glasshouse. Pattayas" first genuine destination restaurant. Fat juicy shrimp with tender asparagus, even fatter mussels with pesto, steamed rice and a fresh pineapple smoothie. All for 435 baht. Served with a view of the ocean, sumptious seating and gentle tropical music.

Liked

Can you tell us where the Glasshouse is, arsenal? Sounds like a place I'd like.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I second two of the recommendations above; we ate In the Central Fuji ten days ago. The best of the many Japanese Restaurants there, in our view. And I was in Bordeaux only four days ago where I had an excellent magret de canard.
    I agree that Thai food is usually and unsurprisingly the best option Thailand. Cucumber, opposite Tuk Com, serves some good sea bass dishes at reasonable prices- I enjoy their papaya salad, too- and the Thai place on Central's 5th floor (Tanna Thai) is reliable and good value.

Liked

Here is an earlier thread on best Thai restaurants including the Glass House.

best-thai-restaurant-t30860.html#p291762

As or Japanese food there is Yamato on Soi Yamato close to Boyztown in an authentic setting and highly rated. The boyfriend rates it 4****; for me 4$$$$.

Liked

It's not a restaurant, but for Thai food I really like PAKBOONGLOYFA. It's very close to the Ambiance, 2nd Road, before you go left to Pattayaland Soi 1 (X Boys). It's open in the night. Decent, in part excellent Thai food.