Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Airasia

Liked

Airasia

As I said a while ago, I can do without three days of water-throwing at Songkran. I was surprised at the low fares of Airasia and actually considered spending six days or so in Bali, flying from Bangkok. (I have never been there and it is a bit of a bear to get there from the East Coast of the US).Then I saw that their seats are only 29" apart. Can that be true? That is less space than any US airline. Due to the shrinking seat space here in the US, fistfights have been breaking out on planes when people recline their seats, thus my concern.

Liked

Re: Airasia

You might want to pay a little extra and book an exit row seat which has more legroom. The seating is tight on Air Asia, depends on your height.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Liked

I saw that their seats are only 29" apart. Can that be true? That is less space than any US airline
    Smaller people!
    Seriously, what do you expect from a Low Cost Airline? Ever tried Ryanair?!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

airasia...is in asia...most asians are thinner/smaller than europeans...so 29"" is ample...

Liked

I did the Air Asia trip to Bali a few months ago. No complaints, though its early departure from BKK was a nuisance. On the other hand, since the curfew was still in force, we enjoyed the surreal experience of driving through a deserted city.
    The leg-room was just about OK for a four hour journey. Never bothers me on flights within Thailand but I agree that anyone who is six-foot or so should try to book one of the premium seats for Bali.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

THIS week is a grand sale, for period later ion this year and next year. Some flites from 100 bt+some taxes only.
    Ive flown (but I am Thai/Asian size) AA some 20+ times, and also most other lowcost airls in this region+Europe, and AA comes for me better as RYAN.
    IF you can get them and they fly your wished route- look also for ThaiLion air (lionairthai)-was quite satisfied with what they offer.

I'm about to post a trip report - at the end of the week when the trip is over - during which I have used Air Asia extensively on intra-Asia flights of up to two hours. All the aircraft were the single-aisle A320; Air Asia does have wide-body jets for longer flights (A330) but I don't know if that's what they use between Bangkok and Bali. My first post will be dedicated to my experiences of flying with Air Asia on 4 flights.

I'm 190cm and found the seating quite comfortable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    THIS week is a grand sale, for period later ion this year and next year. Some flights from 100 bt+some taxes only.
    From yesterday ---- AirAsia Group --- no fuel surcharge.

>>>>Malaysia's budget airline AirAsia Group announced that it is abolishing its fuel surcharge effective today for all group airlines following the drop in global crude oil prices.
    With the removal of the fuel surcharge, customers are now required to pay only the air fare, the administration fee and airport tax.
    >>>>
    Full story :
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... -surcharge

Liked

Air Asia's Bali route uses the smaller planes. I suspect the larger ones are for its Australian routes.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As Oliver writes, BKK/Denpasar is the smaller A320. The A330s are used by the subsidiary Asia Asia X (which includes Thai Air Asia X) on longer routes to Japan, Korea, Australia etc. According to seatguru.com, the A330s have a seat pitch of 32" but also 12 flat-bed business class seats at the front.