Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve

Liked: 1

New Years Eve

Heading back to Thailand and Pattaya for New Years Eve celebrations after spending Christmas in Laos with the boyfriends family. Spur of the moment decision today so bf very happy. When I stay in Pattaya I usually spend a few nights at Ambiance to get my Boystown fix and out of the system. Always fun and enjoy kicking off at Panorama, a moving picture. Given I thought Boystown would be one of the best partys going NYE was looking to get some accommodation nearby. To my surprise Ambiance still had rooms going at very reasonable rates. Past experience usually fully booked around that time especially new years. A sign of the times that high season may not be so high this year.....

Liked

Re: New Years Eve

Wow! I remember the days when you would book a year in advance.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by noutchie
    Given I thought Boystown would be one of the best partys going NYE.....
    That's an interesting point - and I wonder do the rest of us concur with that thought perhaps. I not normally a huge lover of New years Eve in general anyway as I always hate it's "forced" frivolity but I remember sitting exactly as you describe in Panorama on NYE only a few years ago and was like yourself was expecting a great night out and big party, but whilst sure enough at midnight there was the usual noise and streamers and guys out from the bars on the street etc it lasted maybe half an hour and then everything died down again ( perhaps people moving on elsewhere I don't know) and I thought "REALLY, is that IT ? " But maybe I just wasn't in the form for it that night I don't know, but in general would BT be considered the best of the bunch for a NYE party night - personally I'm not so sure - anyone one else have any thoughts or suggestions re that perhaps ? ( although as thankfully I'll be NYE'ing it in Bali this year I'll not have to worry myself to much either way )

Liked

I have been in Thailand for the last 2 New Years. First one was up in Issan where we spent the night at a local club (Sort of like Tam Nam in Pattaya, though smaller and more "country"). I am pretty sure I was the only falang in the joint. We had about 8 friends with us and had a really good time. I put together a trip report about that if I remember correctly. It is on here somewhere.

EDIT: I found the trip report from the Issan New Years: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/tri...ng-t27864.html
    Looks like I will be in Pattaya again for this upcoming New Years...

Last New Years was in Pattaya. We had a pretty large group...Several other falangs, BFs as well as numerous other friends....probably about 20 of us all together. I know for sure we were at NAB and Idol. We might have hit Tam Nam after that....it is a bit of a blur. We had a good time, but traffic was CRAZY and the clubs were packed.

We actually had a very drunk American hop on the back of our rented Baht Bus (operating as taxi). He was OK for about 30 seconds, but then started acting like an ass and mouthed off to one of our Thai friends. It did not end well for him. Every Thai on board started kicking his ass and ended up booting him out the back of the (slowly) moving Baht bus, sprawled out on the street. It can get crazy on New Years Eve.

I think BT would be a good place to base out of, but if you are looking for more of a "party", then it is probably best to get to a club.

Oh, and for those that may not be aware, some hotels have a mandatory NYE party/dinner charge for stays over New Years. They add it to the bill regardless if you actually attend the dinner/party. Make sure you don't get caught up in that nonsense.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nirish...u come across as such a sad sack...like u expect to be entertained....get off yout arse and participate...stop being such a spectator...

Liked: 1

Like Nirish, I no longer enjoy the forced partying and compulsory heavy drinking of New Year's Eve so for the past 6 years I have gone out earlier and taken a boy off at about 10.30 pm and we go home. The aim is to reach my climax at exactly midnight ... to see in the New Year with a bang!

My last New Year's Eve included watching Sooty in drag belting out a Shirley Bassey number. Not sure what I'll be doing this year.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    nirish...u come across as such a sad sack...like u expect to be entertained....get off yout arse and participate...stop being such a spectator...

Yes God forbid that I have my own thoughts on one particular night of the year and can't be arsed with it ( like many other people I know too who feel the same way actually) and as for getting off my arse and being a spectator etc - I think I of all people have no worries there and can safely hold my head up without any worries te that one thanks :-)

Liked

The trouble with coming to thailand or any asian country over the xmas/new year period is the high inflated air fares , not that i am coming but just for fun the other night , i checked some fares , and it was about ┬г1200 from london for the period 18dec untill 4jan , out of the dec early jan time zone you can get a ticket for about 650

Liked

NYE in Bali, NIrish? How boring is that?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.