Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nong Khai

Liked

Nong Khai

I will be visiting Nong Khai soon, and it will be my first visit since 2007. Guess the gay scene might have changed since then (for better or worse). Any first hand experience?

Liked

Re: Nong Khai

I was in Nong Khai in October 2012 and went to the New Oasis Bar, located along the Mekhong River about 2 km downstream from town center. It was mentioned as a gay host bar but I did not see any available boy.

According to a comment in the Sticky Rice listings, this place is now closed.

I did not hear from any gay-only place in town ; however I guess that with some time, imagination and luck, or using one of the online resources, it should not be too difficult to get in touch with one of the local cuties.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Take a boy with you as i did a few years ago place has no gay scene at all

Liked

Don't expect to get any action there. Just take a night off......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There's always gayromeo .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was also going to suggest Gay Romeo, but for Nong Khai there are only two guys in the 18-22 range.

Liked

Well, you could always go to the club that's currently en vogue and pick up a hot guy who has crossed the border from Laos in order to party (choose a Friday or Saturday night for that, obviously). That has worked rather well for me in the past, not just in Nong Khai but also in Udon Thani. I've only ever met ONE guy from Nong Khai on GayRomeo, so I'd agree that's not necessarily the best way to go there. Also worth mentioning is that some of those who say "Nong Khai" on their profiles are in fact working in Pattaya, and as luck would have it that's often the more attractive ones. YMMV.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

I also found Gay Romeo to be a complete waste of time in Nong Khai.

Liked

Well, yet another topic which has brought back some happy memories. I must have been lucky because I did meet a boy on PlanetRomeo from Nong Khai, although it was a number of years ago. He was a sexy, handsome, affectionate young Thai lad and, much to my delight, he was also deliciously hairy тАж which some observant members may recall is one of my preferences.

Unfortunately, he didnтАЩt speak much English, but he did agree to undertake the 12 hour gruelling bus journey to Bangkok (for which I reimbursed him, together with an additional and more than adequate sum for all the pleasure he gave me). He brought his sister with him, as she spoke reasonably good English. After introducing us at a nearby BTS station she left us to spend 2 days together while she went off to stay with friends. Two days later she returned to collect her brother. But, before leaving, she cooked a Thai lunch for us all to enjoy before they both departed back to Nong Khai.

The handsome lad continued to keep in touch and tried to persuade me to travel up to and visit him and his family. However, other interests closer to home and his lack of English prevented me from taking him up on his offer. I did speak with him from time to time on the telephone, but mostly through his sister, which was more than a little bit awkward.

We keep in fairly regular contact through Facebook. But, as I currently have a boyfriend in Bangkok, I am still unable to accept his invitation to visit. But I still have warm feelings of affection for him and now regret not paying him the courtesy of a return visit. I also regret not experiencing an area of Thailand that I have not yet visited. I really must try and get out of Bangkok more often.

Hopefully kakadai will consider posting a report of his trip and let us all know what we are missing.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you're going to be so close, why not just cross the border and visit Vientiane. When I went for a visa run there last year, I had lots of fun boys hitting on me on Grindr and Hornet... I met as many as I had time for.. (3?) .....and they were all free.... Not money boys. Never asked for anything.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day