Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya in October: too early?

Liked

Pattaya in October: too early?

My boyfriend and I are first time travellers to Pattaya. Of course we are going for the gay scene there!
    We have booked a hotel in the first week of October.
    Now I read somewhere November would have been way better.

Is October too early? Or will there be an active gay night live even then?

Liked

Re: Pattaya in October: too early?

It all depends on how you look at it. There won't be nearly as many gay farang in Pattaya in October as there are likely to be as November progresses into high season, but the gay venues will be open and there will be plenty of boys.

The only significant Thai holiday during the October-November period will be the Loy Kratong holiday, this year November 7.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Loy Kratong is the Thai holiday I enjoy the most and is just meant for lovers. The weather in October is very iffy and it's to bad you can't come a little later. The coming high season is very questionable as a few hotel owners I have talked to say their holiday bookings are way down.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    Loy Kratong is the Thai holiday I enjoy the most and is just meant for lovers. The weather in October is very iffy and it's to bad you can't come a little later. The coming high season is very questionable as a few hotel owners I have talked to say their holiday bookings are way down.
    I don't care about the weather. We will be in gogobars, massage salons, etc. Won't use the beach that much. And with hopefully some hot boys in our hotel room :-)

So the veneus will be open and plenty of hot gay Thai boys will be there, even in October? If so, then no problem for us.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa
    So the veneus will be open and plenty of hot gay Thai boys will be there, even in October? If so, then no problem for us.
    If that is your primary purpose for coming to Pattaya, you're going to have a wonderful time. Pattaya may have its problems, but venues being open and plenty of willing boys - whether you find them in bars, massages, gay hookup sites, or wherever - that's one thing I've never heard anyone complain about in October or any time of year.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa
    If that is your primary purpose for coming to Pattaya, you're going to have a wonderful time. Pattaya may have its problems, but venues being open and plenty of willing boys - whether you find them in bars, massages, gay hookup sites, or wherever - that's one thing I've never heard anyone complain about in October or any time of year.
    I agree, there will be few tourists and the pickings will be all yours. Don't forget your umbrella!

Liked

Every day (week, month) is a good day to go to Pattaya.

Liked

Lots of rain....be prepared for flooding around the PattayaTai/Second Road intersection. But that's never bothered me, even when fish were caught outside Funny Boys two years ago. The floods come quickly and go even quicker. And sometimes you can have a fortnight with barely a shower.

Liked

I have come in October every year for about 5 years.. The worst that has happened is the first week has some rain but usually pretty good the last 3 weeks of the month.

My memory is not great but I think last year almost the whole month was pleasant!