List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien- Still well worth a visit.

Liked

Jomtien- Still well worth a visit.

On my last trip in Feb I stayed for 3 nights in Jomtien at East Suites and enjoyed the change from South Pattaya. This trip we had planned 3 nights in Bkk but partly because of the unsettled situation there decided to change to Jomtien again.

Stayed again at East Suites. 2nd stay here, so was interested to see if experience was same as last, it was and I would def recommend it. Very spacious, light rooms, excellent security, nice furnishings, rain shower bathroom with a stack of toiletries, small kitchen area with microwave, kettle, toaster is handy. Large TV with DVD, plenty of wardrobe space Large balcony overlooking soi. Cost same as last visit Bt1350 per night.

Jomtien had customers, even though it was low season. But there seems to be an even bigger imbalance of available boys and bars for the numbers. Dolce Vita was very busy Sat night, but the rest have a slow but steady trickle/stream of customers. Since my last visit in Feb where I noted a couple of new bars, I see even more bars started up in the complex. Before there were PourHouse, X men, question?, two faces, L&N, 4T, B&M?, now there is Kiss Bar? and two more nearer The Venue end in addition. I also noticed some waiters previously in South Pattaya now working in Jomtien Complex.

Visited The Venue show and was surprised that it was fairly well attended. Show was mainly BT show fodder, but have to say performers excelled in dance moves and lip sync was spot-on for a change, even more surprising was some numbers had main singer with live and excellent vocals. Definitely worth at least one visit, and while complimenting the dance moves some were quite exaggerated and hilariously camp at times, so for me and bf all-in-all actually entertaining.

Also new since my last trip here is a restaurant, not specifically gay, even though it is next to posiden and up from the boy bars called "OH! YES". It seems to have had a good bit of cash thrown at it. It is on the first floor, one above ground, and set-out like a rooftop style, nicely laid out, lights made to look like the stars above. even though there were actual stars above when not cloudy. Wooden rustic but comfortable tables/chairs, surrounded by bamboo/wooden decor so quite atmospheric. we went (just for a look) at 8pm and were the only customers, heinekens Bt100, cocktails Bt160, we had thai food which bf thought was excellent, and he is fussy when it comes to spicy food with taste. also had live entertainment, keyboards and two singers with background music. Shame it was so quiet, it has huge signage but very little info about what it actually is on the street level and how to access it.

It reminded me of the rooftop restaurant at the Karnmanee Palace in Saphan Kwai I used to stay most trips in the early days of visiting Bangkok/Thailand.

Waiters in all of the Jomtien bars laid back and very keen to interact but will leave you in peace if you want some easy time to yourself. Many new faces in the sea of same Pattaya faces, and some very cute, available boys with nice demeanours and plenty of them.

If you are single or with bf Jomtien well worth the effort of visiting from South Pattaya or 2-3 nights staying there for a change, in one of the many establishments catering to gay customers.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Jomtien- Still well worth a visit.

Love Jomtien, tend to spend the day on the beach (in front of Tui's), subsist on beer and fruit, and if I dont manage to snare a beach boy will go online and quickly order one off romeo. What more could one want??

Liked

Yes I agree with that - Jomtien is very nice in the late afternoon. I often go there about 3pm to the Dongtan Beach, relax, have a chat, maybe flirt with a boy. If no hookup I go to the Centre for maybe a massage or possibly to the Bamboo Bar. Or even just sit around watching the sun go down.

Liked

Quote taken from newalaan2 post:

Also new since my last trip here is a restaurant, not specifically gay, even though it is next to posiden and up from the boy bars called "OH! YES". It seems to have had a good bit of cash thrown at it. It is on the first floor, one above ground, and set-out like a rooftop style, nicely laid out, lights made to look like the stars above. even though there were actual stars above when not cloudy. Wooden rustic but comfortable tables/chairs, surrounded by bamboo/wooden decor so quite atmospheric. we went (just for a look) at 8pm and were the only customers, heinekens Bt100, cocktails Bt160, we had thai food which bf thought was excellent, and he is fussy when it comes to spicy food with taste. also had live entertainment, keyboards and two singers with background music. Shame it was so quiet, it has huge signage but very little info about what it actually is on the street level and how to access it.

I had noticed this place from the main road, when commuting between Pattaya and the beach.
    Thought that it looked interesting, a bit different.
    Glad to hear that it is worth trying.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

I have always liked Jomtien complex.The number of bars and restaurants have grown over the past few years,also quality accommodation.The one thing that I like is that there are no go go bars or clubs there.A nice place to go and have a drink and enjoy the company of the guys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequentfliers
    I have always liked Jomtien complex.The number of bars and restaurants have grown over the past few years,also quality accommodation.The one thing that I like is that there are no go go bars or clubs there.A nice place to go and have a drink and enjoy the company of the guys.
    While I agree with the bulk of this post one difference appears to be the one aspect which Jomtien for me is badly lacking, that is a club. I'm not bothered about agogo bars, but I'm not really sure why you 'like' the fact there are no agogos or a club, what difference would either make to your enjoyment of the place? I don't get that comment.

The one thing Jomtien could do with to complete it as an all round entertainment area is somewhere the lads who work in the bars could go once the bars close for either further entertainment with friends or even the chance of last gasp hook ups or interaction with potential customers. I have no idea how well a club would do, but the only chance I had for after hours entertainment in Jomtien was a few years back at Spillane? karaoke at Ganymede hotel, it was well attended and great fun with VIP rooms full as was the main hall. The guys who work the bars and out for some relax/fun time were certainly enjoying themselves the night I was there.

A small club like maybe Magazine or the old Sundance Club/Bank Club in Day/night area I think could do ok. It is a real trek back to south pattaya and onwards to other areas to find after hours fun and clubs after the Jomtien bars are winding down. A small club with reasonably priced whiskey sets and mixers to attract gay lads from the local Jomtien bars and restaurants as well as the many resident and holiday makers based there might be worth a shot. If The Venue had a big enough enclosed area that might have been a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3
    Thought that it looked interesting, a bit different.Glad to hear that it is worth trying.
    The other thing I forgot to add was, certainly on the night we were there, was a lovely cool breeze on the upper floor. Also the tables on the terrace overlooking the soi has a nice view of all the goings-on at the bars down the soi.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    "The one thing Jomtien could do with to complete it as an all round entertainment area is somewhere the lads who work in the bars could go once the bars close for either further entertainment with friends or even the chance of last gasp hook ups or interaction with potential customers ... "
    Newalaan, if, instead of turning down Thappraya Rd toward the beach, just keep on going straight for awhile. Not too far down that road, on the left hand side, you'll find a quite large night market.
    Wander through that market and go right to the back of it (turning to the right then) you'll find a quite good size barn-like building: it's a Thai Isaan/Morlum music and dance hall. Lots of guys who work in the bars at Jomtien Plaza go there after closing time in the plaza.
    My directions are a bit haphazard as I cannot remember the name of neither the night market nor the dance hall. The whole night market area has not been there very long. (Attached is a very rudimentary location map. Click on it to enlarge).
    The working boys in the bars will know the place, so asking them is probably the best idea. You'll have more fun going with a Thai friend(s) anyway: a farang sitting by himself in one of these places would be a very unusual event.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Newalaan, if, instead of turning down Thappraya Rd toward the beach, just keep on going straight for awhile. Not too far down that road, on the left hand side, you'll find a quite large night market.
    Wander through that market and go right to the back of it (turning to the right then) you'll find a quite good size barn-like building: it's a Thai Isaan/Morlum music and dance hall. Lots of guys who work in the bars at Jomtien Plaza go there after closing time in the plaza.
    My directions are a bit haphazard as I cannot remember the name of neither the night market nor the dance hall. The whole night market area has not been there very long. (Attached is a very rudimentary location map. Click on it to enlarge).
    The working boys in the bars will know the place, so asking them is probably the best idea.
    Have been there?
    That was an option in April, but finally we went to Zab on the Walking street

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequentfliers
    One would think that your last two statements are mutually exclusive. Is there any reason why you couldn't have a drink and enjoy the company the "guys" while the rest of us could enjoy a visit to a go-go or a club? More holier than thou crap.

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    The one thing Jomtien could do with to complete it as an all round entertainment area is somewhere the lads who work in the bars could go once the bars close for either further entertainment with friends or even the chance of last gasp hook ups or interaction with potential customers. I have no idea how well a club would do, but the only chance I had for after hours entertainment in Jomtien was a few years back at Spillane? karaoke at Ganymede hotel, it was well attended and great fun with VIP rooms full as was the main hall. The guys who work the bars and out for some relax/fun time were certainly enjoying themselves the night I was there.
    If it's that good an idea why doesn't it exist already? My guess is that someone has crunched the numbers and decided it wouldn't make any money. However, in your retirement perhaps you could invest your own funds in such a venture?