Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visa Help requested - letter of employment

Liked

Visa Help requested - letter of employment

Hi All
    After a 3 year absence - BF has decided that he would like to visit Ireland again this summer
    He has previously visited Ireland 5 times with mixed success.

One of the most important requirements in the visa application process is that he must have a "reason to return to Thailand at the end of his visa"
    The usual mix of answers here is the shanoot to his house in Buriram, the age of his parents, past "good behaviour" and a letter from his employer granting him holidays

Unfortunately the people that previouly supplied us with an employment letter are no longer in a position to do this and BF is not working at the moment.

Is there anyone out there with a legitimate business in Thailand that would be willing to do a "fake" letter for us?

I have a standard template that i have used in the past - i just needs to be on headed notepaper with business "stamp" and phone number etc
    Note that this letter goes to the embassy in Malaysia for a decison - so there is no issue with the Thai authorities regarding the letter

If anyone is willing to lend me a hand i would be most grateful, and if so please drop me a PM

Thanks in Advance!

PS. Not looking for any lectures as to the legality or illegality of what i have requested... BF is a genuine tourist that would like to visit my country but is unfortunately hampered by paperwork and jobsworths!

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Visa Help requested - letter of employment

I hope you're joking, you really expect someone to jeopardize there status here in Thailand?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

But Wombatty - since when did "obese septuagenarian alcoholic serial-shagger with dodgy Visa" constitute having "status"?

:-o

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    I hope you're joking, you really expect someone to jeopardize there status here in Thailand?
    I agree. I could issue such a letter, but doing so would constitute a crime on two counts (firstly my own action, secondly knowingly being the accessory to a crime perpetrated by another individual). Why would I do that for a stranger, or at all? If I were corrupt, at the very least I'd charge a hefty amount for taking that risk.

Now that I'm at it, I might just add my opinion regarding Thai BFs who don't see the need to work, for whatever reason: If the OP really wants to help his BF and foolishly thinks that engaging in visa fraud is the right way, he can just fake the document outright by himself, it doesn't make a big difference: Copy the letterhead and fake the stamp of any big Western company operating in Thailand, and Bob is your uncle! The better way, in my humble opinion, would be to tell the BF something along the lines of, "If you really want to visit my home country, a country much different from Thailand where fake documents are used on a daily basis without a second thought, get a f-ing job and f-ing work so that you'll have the document you'll need to show". Amen.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

I can see the replies to Colmx's query are going to reveal a fascinating psychological insight into self-delusion.

A load of law-abiding, high and mighty, holier-than-thou claptrap from people who happily frequent brothels masquerading as bars and who hire prostitutes on a daily/weekly basis - you just couldn't make it up!!

=))

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    I agree. I could issue such a letter, but doing so would constitute a crime on two counts (firstly my own action, secondly knowingly being the accessory to a crime perpetrated by another individual). Why would I do that for a stranger, or at all? If I were corrupt, at the very least I'd charge a hefty amount for taking that risk..
    Hi Lego
    As per my original post i am not looking for a lecture on the legality or morality of what i asked... After 15 years of posting on these boards and all of the visa posts over the years... I feel that i have built up enough "reputation" amongst some of the posters that one may be willing to help.

What you consider fraud - i consider a "white lie" especially as i know how the visa office works in Bkk at this stage (no letter = turned away at the hatch, even though it is NOT a pre-requisite!)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    Now that I'm at it, I might just add my opinion regarding Thai BFs who don't see the need to work, for whatever reason:.... get a f-ing job and f-ing work so that you'll have the document you'll need to show". Amen.
    I have been with the same BF for 11.5 years noww, he does work at times, but current circumstances (3 visits in quick succession by me) means that it currently suits us both that he is not working.
    e.g. A farang friend of mine was recently in Thailand and his BF was working for 7 or the 10 days that he was here... And all for a miserable 6K B for the month... we were spending more on a night out in Boystown and NAB than the boy earns in a month!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Scottish-guy your desperation for recognition is growing, why not just say "Does anyone remember me I was once a moderator"?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    As per my original post i am not looking for a lecture on the legality or morality of what i asked... After 15 years of posting on these boards and all of the visa posts over the years... I feel that i have built up enough "reputation" amongst some of the posters that one may be willing to help.
    Fair point regarding the morality, which I'm not concerned about in this case. I'm very much against the visa rules that make it quite hard for many Thais to travel myself. But regarding the legality, you're basically asking for someone to break the law for your benefit. If anyone is willing to do that for you and your boyfriend, so be it, but as this request was sent to a public forum, you really shouldn't be surprised (after 15 years of posting on these boards) about "unhelpful" answers like mine.

As for the second part of my post, that was just my opinion based on my own experiences, and your mileage might very well vary. My Thai friends are mostly college educated Bangkokians, they typically work and their salary is much higher than the 6k per month you've mentioned. Even those with just high school can make 20k here in Bangkok if they have qualifications such as language skills. If these 6k are indeed the maximum amount your BF can expect as a salary, I have to agree with you that it doesn't seem worthwhile, considering that you're there for him. I also understand that resigning to that fate is more common than pursuing an education to have better career options.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Scottish-guy your desperation for recognition is growing, why not just say "Does anyone remember me I was once a moderator"?
    Hilarious stuff, MFAS - when it comes to self-promotion no-one can even remotely compete with you!! You just can't resist giving us all the very dubious "benefit" of your opinion on every subject under the sun. If somebody opened their legs you'd give us a review of it.

You should consider changing your ID to Martini - opinions given anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Your tag could even be "It's the right one - it's the shite one, it's Martini"

Have a nice day!

Liked

I used to enjoy your wit, that's gone too.