Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat sinking

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: boat sinking

Wow, dramatic footage, the survivors were SO lucky that that other boat just happened to be close by otherwise I'm sure it would have been a very different outcome.

And the guy who actually jumped into the water off the safe rescue boat to go to the aid of the people still trapped on the sinking boat or those to frightened to leave it should be given a medal as that was raw courage and true bravery of the highest order as as the ship was going down and due to the suction etc he very much risked his own life to help others.

Mind you in reverse it always makes me wonder about what type of people are the ones who are actually standing videoing such incidents taking place right in front of them while people are possibly dying and they are more interested in getting a good clip for youtube or Facebook - a hero on one hand and cowards / people unaware of the possible result of their LACk of action while recording a possible tragedy on the another it seems.

Liked

Hey, Nirish. You have no idea who was taking the video. In fact, anybody jumping in 'to help' is immediately in danger of being somebody else who needs to be rescued. If it was somebody of my vintage taking the video then for sure if he had jumped in somebody else would have had to rescue him.

The moral to this story is 'don't jump to conclusions'.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk
    Hey, Nirish. You have no idea who was taking the video. In fact, anybody jumping in 'to help' is immediately in danger of being somebody else who needs to be rescued. If it was somebody of my vintage taking the video then for sure if he had jumped in somebody else would have had to rescue him.

The moral to this story is 'don't jump to conclusions'.

Very true. Videographer could have been in a wheelchair or unable to swim. Most of us would do nothing but gawk, so
    I commend the videographer for his/her efforts. Judge not..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah right guys, I'll remind you of that if you're ever on a sinking ship and look up to see someone, old or wheelchair bound or not !) standing videoing your death as opposed to doing WHATEVER they can do to try and save you, whether that amounts to nothing more than throwing a life belt or helping the injured aboard as ANYTHING must be better than doing nothing more than Videoing people's possible deaths rather than trying to help - and if they REALLY can't help for some physical reason then have the human decency to turn the bloody video camera off as people around you are dying.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk
    You have no idea who was taking the video. ... If it was somebody of my vintage taking the video then for sure if he had jumped in somebody else would have had to rescue him.
    Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Videographer could have been in a wheelchair or unable to swim.
    Ladies, it is commonly known that a reading age of 12 is all that is required for the Daily Mail, and if you had cared to read the text accompanying the coloured pictures, you would have understood that "Swedish diver Dennis Karlsson, 46, who was on board the Peter Pan, took the footage of the boat sinking and the dramatic rescue."

Now, jimnbkk hasnтАЩt told us his own exact vintage and the article doesnтАЩt specifically excluded catawampuscats hypotheses that the camerman might be confined to a wheelchair or non-swimmer, but he was a 46 year old diverтАж

You might also have read that "тАжall 13 passengers are saved". So it all turned out well.

Liked

Firstly, nobody died, so it's sheer sensationalism to claim that someone was videotaping while others were dying. Secondly, according to a report on ThaiVisa, the reason why the passengers ultimately had to go overboard in a hurry was that they took care of their possessions before taking care of their lives. I'm not sure if the latter is in fact true, but let me tell you this, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry did you actually watch the clip - if you think people couldn't have died in that incident you need to watch it again, the person that was filming didn't know people WEREN'T dying so no sensationalism it isn't.

Liked

I've got better things to do than watching videos of people who are in the progress of drowning. What a sick way to spend my Saturday would that be? I am, however, interested in the story itself and in the outcome, so I'm glad that nobody has died. With boat accidents in Thailand, unfortunately that's often not the case.

I'm not saying that it was right to videotape that scene, mind you. I'm not a potential viewer of that sick crap, and if there were no takers, maybe there would be less incentive to film as well? Now that you made me think about it, isn't it funny that those who complain that someone videotaped it have watched the video and ask me to watch it as well? So, Nirish guy, as you're apparently sick enough to watch real-life people drowning, let me ask you: Aren't you well pleased that this video was taken for your enjoyment?
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

where did you get the word enjoyment from ? now that IS sick.