List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things they don't do in thailand.

Liked

Things they don't do in thailand.

A not unpleasant thread on GB is about those petty annoyances that grate when in Thailand. So I thought I'd start one about things they don't do there but do elsewhere.

1: The shop assistants don't come and poke you roughly in the back to point to something right front of you.
    2: They don't come into the dentists surgery to watch out of curiosity.
    3: They don't bang on your door as if they're the police only to realise they've got the wrong address.
    4: The bouncers in a nightclub don't just stand there as a drunk beats up his wife.
    They do all that in China and a whole lot more.

Liked

Re: Things they don't do in thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    A not unpleasant thread on GB is about those petty annoyances that grate when in Thailand. So I thought I'd start one about things they don't do there but do elsewhere.

1: The shop assistants don't come and poke you roughly in the back to point to something right front of you.
    3: They don't bang on your door as if they're the police only to realise they've got the wrong address.
    4: The bouncers in a nightclub don't just stand there as a drunk beats up his wife.
    They sound like perfectly horrible people.
    Two friends went to China last year in connection with an adoption. They had experience of the local Chinese restaurant community where they lived and they found them friendly and always smiling.
    But in China they were shocked at the naked rudeness of the people on their home ground. They couldn't wait to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    But in China they were shocked at the naked rudeness of the people on their home ground. They couldn't wait to get home.
    That's because in the West society has evolved in the direction of one for all, all for one. In Asia it's still me, me me and the whole patronage system that supports that view.

Liked

The Edinburgh-based firm Skyscanner reported in 2012 that the Mainland Chinese ranked only sixth for rudeness to travelers on their list of 34 countries. The country deemed the most rude for travelers was France, followed by Russia, the UK, Germany, and "Other" (a group of unnamed countries). China ranked just above the USA, Italy, and Poland. Apart from the unidentified "Other," all the countries in the top 10 - apart from China - are Western countries.

The five countries seen as least rude to travelers ((in descending order) were Brazil, the Caribbean region, the Philippines, Thailand, and Portugal.

The firm's explanation for the apparent rudeness of Chinese to travelers was cultural differences (e.g., queuing is not a Mainland Chinese custom, though Taiwanese do it and consider Mainlanders uncouth), and the fact that many waitresses and shop assistants in China are young rural women with poor language skills who are shy and unaccustomed to foreigners.

Liked

Just for everyone's further education regarding the 'rudeness' quotient of various nationalities: Canadians ~ such as myself :-B ~ are always described as being 'NICE' to goddamn tourists. (Not sure if Canadian owners of ~ for instance ~ message boards, stay 'NICE' or not.)
    On the other hand, Americans are all over the map on this one ... but mostly only marginally rude. But, the offset is that they are unfortunately more often than not, painfully 'NAIVE'. To everyone!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Just for everyone's further education regarding the 'rudeness' quotient of various nationalities: Canadians ~
    And Justin Bieber?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Just for everyone's further education regarding the 'rudeness' quotient of various nationalities: Canadians ~
    And Justin Bieber?
    ID FUCK THE ARSE OF IM LOL!!!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

5. Boys says my mother went to the doctor and she is fine.
    6. " " I have enough money to last me next month.
    5. " " I don't need a new phone .
    6. " " I want a job.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    The Edinburgh-based firm Skyscanner reported in 2012 that the Mainland Chinese ranked only sixth for rudeness to travelers on their list of 34 countries. The country deemed the most rude for travelers was France, followed by Russia, the UK, Germany, and "Other" (a group of unnamed countries). China ranked just above the USA, Italy, and Poland. Apart from the unidentified "Other," all the countries in the top 10 - apart from China - are Western countries.

The five countries seen as least rude to travelers ((in descending order) were Brazil, the Caribbean region, the Philippines, Thailand, and Portugal.

The firm's explanation for the apparent rudeness of Chinese to travelers was cultural differences (e.g., queuing is not a Mainland Chinese custom, though Taiwanese do it and consider Mainlanders uncouth), and the fact that many waitresses and shop assistants in China are young rural women with poor language skills who are shy and unaccustomed to foreigners.
    Interesting.

But generalisations are always wrong.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons

5. Boys says my mother went to the doctor and she is fine.
    6. " " I have enough money to last me next month.
    5. " " I don't need a new phone .
    6. " " I want a job.
    7) Boys say you're a 65 /85 yr creepy man- I can't have sex with you or I'll get sick.
    8) Boys say you're over 90 /100 kilos ,fat and smelly and you expect to sleep with me for 25 dollars -19 yrs old, slim and 53 kilos?