Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Sad to see a favourite bar decline

Liked

Sad to see a favourite bar decline

Years ago my favourite bar in Pattaya was Wild West Boys. I knew it from before it moved to its present position. When it moved I became friends with several of the boys and am still in touch with one of them today.

I used to enjoy the show and have good memories of a S&M routine they used to do with an unsuspecting member of the audience getting roped in (literaly). If they didn't have a volunteer from the audience they always had someone planted to use instead. They had a variety of other acts with a little bit of erotic stuff occasionally.

But it must be four years since I last visited. However, one day over the Christmas period my Thai boy friend was not around one evening so I went to Wild West Boys for the 11.00 show. At 10.55 there were three of us which wasn't a good sign and only one more customer came just in time for the show.

It was a lip sync drag act which I've never understood the appeal of. The performers looked bored and I certainly was.

The bar itself has less room for seating than when I previously visited with one side now blocked off.

The Go Go Boys themselves were a poor looking bunch.

It was disappointing to see how much the bar had declined since I used to be a regular visitor.

The only other show I saw was the X-Boys "Sexy Boy Show" which is the first real sex show I've seen anywhere in Thailand for years. The finale act ended up with two naked boys, one impaled on the other's erection, performing on customer's laps with tips being stuffed in the mouth of the passive one (the only other place they could have been stuffed was very obviously already full).

Drinks prices at both bars were higher than I'm used to but I don't tend to visit bars these days so have nothing to compare with. I just teated them as the price of seeing a show as I'm unlikely to return.

As a one off visit X-Boys was novel and I enjoyed it but Wild West Boys just left me feeling sad.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sad to see a favourite bar decline

I saw the 10:45 show at XBoyland tonight . Very few customers, very loud music but
    I still had a good time. Several lads had major erection failures and there were a couple of long delays. Still most of the managed to bone up.
    I got a chance to chat/interview a lad that interested me. Music was so loud, I not sure
    of his name but he passed my interview and was sweet and affectionate .
    I am willing to put up with a lot if someone really catches my eye.
    I have to agree about Wild West boys but I did see several very hot guys there a few weeks ago.

Liked

I am totally new to the Pattaya bar-scene and visited Pattaya for the first time ever in December. So my opinion maybe is not worth much since I have nothing to compare with in the past. But in December I visited all (?) the gogo-bars and some of the beerbars, and my favourite bar was Wild West Boys.
    Nice selection of dancers who where very friendly and handsome. The show was okey (not only lypsyncing ladyboys, also boys dancing etc) but maybe a bit more "nicer" show than some other bars (no f*-show or thoose kind of things). The drinkprice 220 baht was okey, and this bar along with Nice boys in Sunnee plaza where the only bars where I actually liked the mamasans who where friendly and helpful and not too pushy and annoying as in all other bars.
    Maybe this bar has declined and was better in the past, I don┬┤t know that, but my personal opinion is that is is a good bar and well worth a visit.

Liked

I agree also about Wild West Boys. It used to be a fun place with a decent show 3 or 4 years ago. I don't even think about going there anymore. Really bad show and a stale atmosphere.

I have to wonder how the GUY club staff is doing at WWB since GUY closed. I can't imagine them sticking around for too long with such a different venue from what they are used to.

Liked

I too used yto love WWB. As for x-boys, well they have literally priced themselves out of the market. Last April I counted 75 customers for just one show but now a drink is 260 Baht and all can see the result.

Liked

My recent experiences in WWB (quote from my blog). They had a good choice of boys, but with loud music and boys in trousers they won't get my business again any time soon.

I have not been to Wild West Boys for over two years. Two years ago, I was there and a boys who is absolutely not my type kept pestering me for drink and off, that really put me off for one year. And after I overcame that shock, there was always lack of boys or show going on when I wanted to go. But now, midnight, show is over and there are about 10 boys on stage, among them Pat from yesterday.

So I enter and order orange juice (220 Baht). There are 10 boys, 8 in trousers and 2 in underwear. But the first thing I notice is music is too loud.

тАЬCan you lower the music?тАЭ
    тАЬWhat?тАЭ
    тАЬCan you lower the music?тАЭ (speaking slowlier and louder than before)
    тАЬI donтАЩt understand.тАЭ
    тАЬThe music is too loud!тАЭ (Now shouting word for word at the waiter, pointing at my ears).
    тАЬOk.тАЭ

Nothing happens, so when my drink arrives I have to raise the issue again. To my surprise, the DJ turns down the music and it stays at an acceptable level for half an hour, until the show starts at 00:30. (I had cases where they reduced the music level on my request, and then turned it up again minutes later.)

Pat, the boy I chatted with yesterday, does not pay any attention to me. This is strange, outside he was chatty and then we chatted on Line as well, but now nothing. His body shape is not so much to my taste. And there is another boy who has a great physique and keeps smiling at me, so I ponder offing him.

But what worries me is that 8 out of 10 boys are in street trousers. I donтАЩt pay gogo bar prices to watch boys in street trousers (well I do very rarely but I donтАЩt approve of this system).

тАЬWhy are the boys in trousers?тАЭ
    (blank stare from waiter)
    тАЬI like to see underwear.тАЭ
    (the waiter breaks out in laughter): тАЬSorry, I speak English little bit.тАЭ
    тАЭр╕Чр╕│р╣Др╕бр╕Бр╕▓ р╕Зр╣Ар╕Бр╕З р╕Ьр╕бр╕Кр╕нр╕Ър╕Бр╕▓ р╕Зр╣Ар╕Бр╕Зр╣Гр╕ЩтАЬ (Why are the boys in trousers? I like underwear.)

The waiter shouts something to the boys and two open their belts and zippers and pull down their trousers to their knees, and they put them up again. This way, we wonтАЩt get anywhere. Wild West Boys will go to the bottom of my list for another two years. But apart from loud music and boys in underwear, I have to say that waiters and boys were friendly and not pushy. There were times where I was the only customer surrounded by 3 boys/waiters.

тАЬHow much is off fee?тАЭ
    тАЬWhat?тАЭ
    тАЬIf I want to take a boy, how much?тАЭ
    тАЬ400 for bar тАУ and 2000 for boy.тАЭ
    тАЬ2000? Are you sure?тАЭ
    тАЬYes, 2000 for boy.тАЭ
    (I put on my тАЬdonтАЩt try to bullshit meтАЭ face and voice.)
    тАЬListen, I have been coming to Pattaya for 4 years, and I always paid 1000 for short time.тАЭ
    (He discusses something in Thai with another member of staff. I cannot understand because music is too loud.)
    тАЬFor short time 1000.тАЭ
    тАЬAnd for long time?тАЭ
    тАЬ2000тАЭ
    (I will let this pass as an apology.)

The cute boy keeps making eye contact and smiling, whereas Pat continues to ignore me. I sit through the show (00:30 to 01:30), during which the music level is too loud, and other customers smoke. I have to get out soon! I cover my ears with my hands and a waiter brings tissue to put into my ears. Finally, the cute boys comes over to say hello. I touch his arm: warm and dry skin. I off the cute boy, with some assistance from staff (it sometimes helps if someone asks me if I want boy).

Change comes with three 10 Baht coins stuck into the holder, I leave one of them for tip and reject further demands for tips.

We leave, I have a snack at Beach road, the boy (Kit from Cambodia) is not hungry. We go back to Sunee via Walking Street. A smile here and a touch there, it starts very promising. The other boy Pat from Wild West Boys writes on Line that he is sad I didnтАЩt take him. (But no drama or bitching, so he stays on my list.) I managed for four years to avoid such a situation. I will take or tip him another time. Nearing Sunee, I wonder which way to take. I donтАЩt want to walk into boy A at B or into boy C at D and have to stop for a chat.

Back in my room, shower and go to bed. Kit is amazing in bed, one of the best offs I ever had. We donтАЩt have to discuss long time, he just stays overnight.
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... 12014.html