Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: World Cup TV

Forum's veteran
    Liked

World Cup TV

Once again all TV channels have dropped the start of the Holland/Serbia Montenegro match and instead are showing a retrospective of VIPs arriving at Don Muang. Surely if broacasters pay out vast sums for the TV rights, they have a duty actually to show the games in full! My Thai friends are livid, but complaining is of course pointless. At least we were treated to lots of shots of handsome young cadets forming the honour guards.

Liked: 1
    you can watch BBC1
    what a great game

Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsam
    you can watch BBC1
    what a great game

i thought holland looked good................ clever and always in control..............they didnt kill themselves as they know that they have 2 more tough matches.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    What channel is BBC1? I flipped through all the terrestrial and cable channels in my package - but nothing till 8:30 pm

Curious

Why is this topic in this Forum? Unless it has to do with CNN's lead story on the World Cup - that thousands of hookers have been pouring into Germany from Eastern Europe and some of them will not have chosen to be hookers. Is that the Thai connection?

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Nope - the connection was those cute young cadets. I had hoped someone might tell me where they can be found in Bangkok!! Is there are barracks or base in the city?

Panorama!

Ok, so the Panorama bar suffers the same problems as most other bars when it comes to showing games, the perils of terrestrial tv editors choosing to air the news or whatever instead of showing the full games. However, Panorama was packed for the showing of the England vs Trinidad game the other night. What a great atmosphere with mostly Thai guys joking and laughing (mainly at Peter Crouch) and furtively placing bets with each other. I think they have moved on from purely betting on the winner and the loser of each match to betting on the final score, half time score and the goal scorers. I received hoots of laughter and shakes of heads when I suggested a 4-1 win for England (one can dream) but with 80 minutes gone I was going to be happy with any winning scoreline. A couple of the Thai guys had obviously bet on a 2-1 winning scoreline and bounced around the room when Trinidad scored, until of course the goal was ruled off side, when every other Thai guy fell about laughing.

I am really impressed with the friendliness of Panorama bar, not previously one of my regular haunts but a really nice bar and one of the few in Boyztown/Pattayaland where you can sit outside.