Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Telephone help please?

Telephone help please?

My turn has come! I'm enjoying my annual (ish) fix in LOS. :cheers:
    Plan is to stay in BKK until Tuesday then travel to Pattaya.

Unfortunately, bf Everard has had to return to College in Malaysia so I'm now on my own. I'm sure I'll find something to keep me amused (!), but at the moment I'm spending far too many GBP's calling his mobile on my UK registerd mobile.
    I have previously read in the forum about buying a Thai SIM card to make calls within LOS but I wondered if anyone can recommend a system to make calls from LOS to Malaysia?
    The phone is not 'locked'.

Thanks in advance... :albino:

you can buy pre paid international cards there.

alternatively ask a thai how much calls from a thai sim card would be. Thai sim cards are cheap and can be got from any 7-11 as well as many other places.

cheap calls

buy a thai sim card and use 009 for cheap call to other countries... 009 and than country code 0060... 7 baht a minute.

Re: cheap calls

Quote Originally Posted by MikHH
    buy a thai sim card and use 009 for cheap call to other countries... 009 and than country code 0060... 7 baht a minute.
    YES! And then use [**21*+66(thai number)#] to transfer your UK mobile to your Thai mobile -- so you are only paying IDD on your UK phone and not roaming, which is MUCH more expensive. Just don't forget to type ##21# when you return to the UK so that you can begin receiving calls there again.

Re: Thanks and a question for Mumbaighost...

Thanks for your help guys

And a question for Mumbaighost...
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbaighost
    Quote Originally Posted by MikHH
    use [**21*+66(thai number)#] to transfer your UK mobile to your Thai mobile -- so you are only paying IDD on your UK phone and not roaming, which is MUCH more expensive. Just don't forget to type ##21# when you return to the UK so that you can begin receiving calls there again.
    Just for clarification, when setting my UK phone to act like a Thai phone, I should use the '*' symbol like this... **21* followed by a # at the end of the number? But when i return to UK to reset the phone I should use a different symbol, the # hash symbol like this... ##21# ??
    Just want to check the the change in symbol is not a typo
    Thanks again!

Re: Thanks and a question for Mumbaighost...

Quote Originally Posted by IwanUK
    Thanks for your help guys

Just for clarification, when setting my UK phone to act like a Thai phone, I should use the '*' symbol like this... **21* followed by a # at the end of the number? But when i return to UK to reset the phone I should use a different symbol, the # hash symbol like this... ##21# ??
    Just want to check the the change in symbol is not a typo
    Thanks again!
    YES -- that is correct -- and do not forget the '+' before the country code. You can first test it with your home phone if you like -- **21*[+44home phone]#

This is supposed to be standardised across all carriers for normal phone lines (except USA, CAN, JPN, Korea), but if there is a problem, check your carrier about 'call forwarding' or 'international call forwarding.' Forwarding does NOT work with prepaid cards (security reasons etc.).