Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This time may be different

Liked

This time may be different

I carefully watch the political situation in Thailand and this time it may be different. My contacts in Thailand tells me that this New Year may not be so happy in Thailand. Be careful and watch your step.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: This time may be different

Would you care to perhaps post information that is actually useful (if you have any) as opposed to just a random post scare mongering and stating the bleeding obvious that things might ( or might not) get a bit unruly in Thailand at some point in the future weeks as lets face it it doesn't take a fortune teller to work that out now does it.

Liked

I may not know much, but I do know if there was planned terrorist attacks or a coup or whatever, some farang posting on SGT wouldn't know about it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I may not know much, but I do know if there was planned terrorist attacks or a coup or whatever, some farang posting on SGT wouldn't know about it.
    Some farangs may not know but I know. Be warned. If you still did not figure out who is who in Thailand vis-a-vis foreigners, here is a quote from just finished
    fiery speech of General Secretary Suthep:
    RT@Aim_NT: Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters.
    I do not recommend to follow Gaybutton forum. Gaybutton just posted that Abhisit is a leader of Pheu Thai Party and in case Yangluck is ousted, there will be struggle between Abhisit and General Secretary Suthep. The man obviously has no clue. Stay on this thread, if you are interested in true news and objective analysis of FACTS.

Liked

Thailand crisis deepens as main opposition party resigns from Parliament

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/thailand...#ixzz2mu3HMR8M

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ikarus
    Stay on this thread, if you are interested in true news and objective analysis of FACTS.
    Be sure to let us know when that's going to start then eh.

Liked

With all due respect to this Board's owner, this isn't the first place I'd look for political analysis and the future of Ms Yingliuck. The Board does good reviews on sex for money, but for politics, I look elsewhere.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Boris is flying too close to the sun. As always.
    Gee, great insight there: "something might happen". Oh well, hunker down ladies.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ikarus
    I do not recommend to follow Gaybutton forum.
    I agree. SGT is a much better venue to get the inside scoop on what the protesters are planning, what the government opposition is planning, and what the future holds for Thailand.

Like you said, nothing but objective analysis and facts here.

Liked

This morning, Mrs Yingluck dissolved Parliament and will be soon announcing an election date. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... issolution
    This makes the situation even more interesting. It's not a coup just yet, as a dissolution and an election call by the PM are clearly constitutional, but it's damn close.

But in this country it's all about TiT, so all bets are off.
    Yesterday the Democrats resigned from Parliament en masse, so will they take part in an election?
    Will the Yellow Shirts go along with an election in which 'Their Side' will ~ at this point in time ~ probably lose?
    Will they then stay in the streets and help to make a coup ... for that will be what it would be if Parliament ~ and democracy ~ is not only dissolved, but destroyed?
    If the Parliament is destroyed as an institution in Thailand, what would be the alternative(s)?

One can't make this stuff up ... and just one more reason to love living here.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand