Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airbnb

Liked

airbnb

https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Thailand?source=bb

If you are looking for vacation rentals in Thailand or around the world, one site that is taking off is airbnb.com.
    They are starting to offer more properties in Thailand, if an apartment / vacation rental is more your thing.

https://www.airbnb.ca

https://www.airbnb.com

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: airbnb

come on then-all the time I keep telling that those searches for ''gay''''friendly'' or whatevr HTLs etc are nonsense-and now you come with this?
    never heard of ebab? The gay equivalent of this? Not that it offer much for the tourist ghetto around Silom though, alas.
    or is this hidden advertising?

Liked

I may give Airbnb a try on my next trip or I may look at Craigslist. The place I stay at in Pattaya has been going up in rental cost each year and the condo has not gotten better over the years. As each year goes by, there seems to be one or another "comfort" removed from the premises.

The wooden lounge chairs on the balcony use to have pads. They are now gone and you have to sit on hard wood. There use to be a stand on the balcony to hang up wet clothes and towels and it is also gone. The ceiling fan over the sofa stopped working years ago. On some visits the cable is working and sometimes it has been out the whole trip. This last trip the WIFI was not working for over a week along with the same issues as before but still the rent went up again this year as it has every year.

I think its time for me to look at other places and this may be an opportunity for airbnb.
    These are the good'ol days

Any advice on how to handel hosts who object to you turning up at their home with a different prostitute or two every day?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    come on then-all the time I keep telling that those searches for ''gay''''friendly'' or whatevr HTLs etc are nonsense-and now you come with this?
    never heard of ebab? The gay equivalent of this? Not that it offer much for the tourist ghetto around Silom though, alas.
    or is this hidden advertising?
    No hidden advertising, they don't seem to have any advertising outlets...even though the idea has crossed my mind, it's a cool site.
    It's just another option for those searching for accommodation ideas while in Thailand and having a vacation property or an apartment gives you a lot of flexibility.
    This site, airbnb is becoming quite popular in other parts of the world and could soon find themselves to be a good option for Thailand visits.

Knowing what the options are in terms of where to stay, where to eat and where to have fun is important.
    If we turn that into advertising at times to support the cost of the board and the resources are of value to the membership, why not?

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Any advice on how to handel hosts who object to you turning up at their home with a different prostitute or two every day?
    Yes - I find 10 minutes of his "Water Music" calms them down.

:ymparty:

I doubt there are too many hosts gay or straight who would welcome a guest bringing home rent boys. Perhaps there's a special commentary category for this on AirBNB which I see does welcome feedback.

Liked

With Airbnb you have the option to rent a shared room, private room or an entire place. I would always choose to rent the entire place to avoid the problems that could come from sharing a portion of someones home.

Do some research and read the reviews and don't be afraid to ask the renter questions.

If you do rent from them and it is not working out then pack your bags and find a new place.

At AirBNB you have to prepay done you so how are you gonna pack your bags and get a refund???

Liked

At AirBNB you have to prepay done you so how are you gonna pack your bags and get a refund???
    You request a refund.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/question/311

How do I get a refund?

Guest refunds are issued for many reasons. For each situation, certain conditions may apply (see below). If those circumstances do not apply to you, you can request a refund from your host by using the Resolutions Tool.

Once you receive notification that you'll be receiving a refund, your billing receipt is updated to include the refund amount. In general, authorization voids and refunds issued to credit cards can take 5-7 business days to be reflected on your statement after they are processed by Airbnb. Some refunds issued to international credit cards occasionally take up to 30 days to be reflected. Refunds issued to PayPal accounts occur within 24 hours.