Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Up to date Short / long time rates in Bali

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Up to date Short / long time rates in Bali

I'm heading to Bali over Christmas for a while and as I haven't been there for a few years now I'm damned if i can remember the usual local going rate for short / long time etc, so can anyone update me on that please perhaps ?

Liked

Re: Up to date Short / long time rates in Bali

ni i love it. yet again you are making side trips which is great, i wonder tho, will you make it out of thailand this time ??? :alc:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ha yes I ABSOLUTELY will this time as I wanted to be sure not to spend the full month in Pattaya again ( even though I did actually thoroughly enjoy staying put in the end last time ! ) so I have purposefully gone ahead and pre-booked and paid for both my flight and my accommodation in Bali to make SURE that I actually bother myself to get up off my ass and leave Thailand for a while this trip ! And to be fair I did make it to Cambodia on my last trip - albeit for about 10 minutes whilst getting my visa - so that still counts as travelling - right ?? lol

Liked

haha well done you old bugger!!!! tho i've booked and paid going to places before and not gone, so the jury is still out :glasses7:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ha you know even as I typed the above as even I was laughing to myself thinking exactly the same thing in that just cause it's all booked and paid for doesn't mean some cute Thai boy won't whisk my off my feet in DJ statoin some night and change my plans in an instant - although usually when it comes to trips leaving from Bkk many have tried and none have yet succeeded so if I were a betting man I'd happily take odds on my reaching Seminyak successfully this time :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Very bad time to be in Bali around then-mid of rainy season and full of those screaming OZzie girls/sheila's. But it may depend on where you are.
    Indo/Bali has no set rates-or even much less as TH does. Balinese-the real ones-like to make a hard deal on about everything-but you wont meet them in the Kuta/Seminyak gay ''scene''. MBs come from else in Indo. The highly polished fluent english ones are more like gigolo's and wont cost less as their Thai counterparts. As soon as a more attractive punter arrives-youve lost them.
    But I really like the Indo's and that place as there are so many other just meet guys working there in a lowly paid job and seeking some fun. I was once told the more or less local for ''short''-which there usually takes much longer as in TH-is about what a carton (10 packs) of import cigs-Malbolo-will cost. That rupiahmoney is so low value and changeable, any amount is out after e few monthes. The more likeable sociable boys often rather have some real present of value as cash. Like a full set of clothes+shoes from a better shop after 1 week. But other as in TH do make an arrangement before-or risk big fights.

Liked

Not sure how much help I can be, but I was in Bali last Christmas. I wasn't really looking for money boys, but if you hang out in front of the gay bars at night they will come find you. I'm American and there weren't a whole lot of "Farang" in the clubs, so you will stand out like a sore thumb here. The bar scene there isn't usually my cup of tea (They LOVE drag queens over there) but there was really no other place to go. There's about 5 or 6 bars all right next to each other and the crowd just moves from 1 bar to the other as the drag shows begin. That said, I got propositioned heavily every night by money boys and by locals just looking for fun. What I thought was just going to be a few dull nights of drinking turned into a terriffic time. I didn't pay anyone, so I can't tell you what it costs. The set up of the bars is such that you can take your drink out on the sidewalk or the street when it gets crowded and that's where the money boys will pounce on you. At any rate, the men were, at the very least, very friendly and love to flirt.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks guy for the info, just to clarify I have been there before so know the crack generally re the scene ( or lack of it) and you are both correct of course, pong about the MB's all mainly being from Jakarta etc and Goteed about the main "strip" in Seminyak being outside Bali Joes' etc, likewise in Bali I found there was a very good mix of MBs and just for fun boys, but sometime for the sake of an easy life and peace and quiet and being able to say "ok, time to go" as you move on to the next guy a straight forward MB can be much less hassle than some local who's looking to shack up with you for the week - and have his food and drink bought for the week also - hence the MB option sometimes working out the cheaper option too !

So, when I was last there I remember on my first night negotiating "something" with one of the guys outside the bar and of course the guy quoted me a ridiculously high figure and I have a figure of "300" IDR in my head, now on checking that's ┬г0.17p ! lol so I can only assume it was 300, 000 IDR i.e about ┬г17 which sounds about right, however I also remember a few guys I got friendly with that week admitting to me that I'd got a reputation in the bars for WAY over paying ( at those rates ! ) which was why I was so popular I guess, so hence me just checking the going rate these days should anyone know, although I have to say I'd still happily "overpay" those ridiculously low rates in a heartbeat again as I had a ball from I arrived until I got back on the plane again and could hardly keep up with the offers both in the bars, on the gay beach in the clubs in Kuta, where it was fun watching all the very straight Muslim guys waiting outside to pick up the gay guys that were with me for go for a quick shag Although I should add than none of the gay guys went with them and hadn't a good word to say for the str8's based on how they were treated generally there by all the population in general.

This was really driven home to me when as I was walking along the road outside Bali joes late one night with a guy going back to my hotel a motorbike pulled up and the guy speaking in Balinese ( I guess) asked ( so I thought) for a a cigarette from the guy I was with, who promptly gave him one, the guy drove off about 10 yards, then stopped, turned and came back and another brief conversation took place which I knew from the body language wasn't a friendly one. When I asked my friend what had just happened after prodding him he admitted the guy had just demanded not one cigarette but the entire packet, whilst calling the guy a faggot and threatening him, I got a but angry about this and the guy pleaded with me not to say or do anything ( not that I'd be that stupid) explaining that thats' just the way it was there and as he was gay he was considered the lowest of the low and no one, including the police, would help him if he was attacked, so that sort of took the shine off Bali for a while for me, well until later that night when the guy made the place shine all over again for me - and all for ┬г17 I think ! :-)