Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiang Mai - House of Male

Liked

Chiang Mai - House of Male

As my trip grows near, I am starting to get excited and find myself trying to prepare to make the most of my time in Thailand. Right now I am kinda focused on Chiang Mai. I arrive on a Monday in Chiang Mai and I am thinking of getting myself to House of Male after I check into the hotel. When I was last in Chiang Mai some years ago, I had a lot of fun there. Is the place still popular or have the guys moved to a different meeting place?

I don't hear much chatter about House of Male there use to be.

These are the good'ol days

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Re: Chiang Mai - House of Male

https://www.facebook.com/GStarVintage

Had many fun nights there on my last trip to Chiang Mai

Forum's veteran
    Liked

for the specific purpose of that house, its firmly nr 1 and has been so as only one since many years. Or; there is no real alternative, save that club7 guesthouse, annex sauna at the far other side of town, asking membership and thus alltogether too expensive for locals. Though I think MONday might not be the busiest day of the week. Check website when they have 2for1 entry-that draws the crowds.
    a website like gaychiangmai+several copycats lists-and even accurately, all palces for PLU.

Liked

My last 2 stays in CM i visited HOM many times in the late afternoon till evening and had always enough fun in the steam room.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked

Thanks! I can't wait! (Doing excited pee pee dance at the thought of being there)
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

IтАЩm not a Sauna freak, but my friends that are (mainly Thai) say Club One Seven is where itтАЩs at now. Packed to capacity at weekends and their special party nights; at least with the younger Thai crowd. HOM apparently mainly caters for the Farang crowd and the same Thai guys whoтАЩve been going there for years (go figure).

Actually, that kinda sums up the whole Chiang Mai scene and the way itтАЩs changed in the last year or two. The Thai places are overflowing with sweet, young, camp things and the whole scene is in overdrive (e.g. places like G-Star Vintage, See Man Pub, Club One Seven etc тАУ and their associates тАУ itтАЩs a veritable sex fest). Also, plenty of pre-club fun going on in the trendy Thai bar areas around Nimman, Santitham, Dam Pra Kot and Kamtieng districts. Whereas the traditional Farang gay bars, still popular with the Farang crowd, are completely devoid of gay ThaiтАЩs apart from the same old same whoтАЩve been in the business for a while, or a few trophy boyfriends of the regular Farang clientele.

Gay life in Chiang Mai has gotten significantly better in terms of places to go and fun to be had. But the fun is not where (or with who )it was 3-5 years ago.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Liked

Wow. So i must have had bad weekends during my stays in january and june 2013? I still had more fun in HOM with young men. COS was dead like a dodo and it needs long time to go there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by atri1666
    My last 2 stays in CM i visited HOM many times in the late afternoon till evening and had always enough fun in the steam room.
    I thought you had dropped Chiang Mai for fun, and would only go there because of a friend??

If I remember correctly you had almost only negative comments about the city?

BTW I agree with almost everyting BonTong writes, but I am sure it is not fun for people living in the past.

The scene has changed much, and for the better, in the last years, the "boys" are not there for your pleasure, but you are welcome to enjoy the party.

Just remember you are not the chooser, but you are choosed.

A very healthy development.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gaymandenmark
    Quote Originally Posted by atri1666
    If I remember correctly you had almost only negative comments about the city?
    Like mostly you remember not correctly.
    I liked my last 2 stays and negative have been some bars i visited not CM.

Liked

Sorry atri666, I made a mistake, my comment should be to buck:

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Thanks! I can't wait! (Doing excited pee pee dance at the thought of being there)
    I thought you had dropped Chiang Mai for fun, and would only go there because of a friend going there??

If I remember correctly, you had almost only negative comments about the city?