Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet declares Friday a national holiday

Cabinet declares Friday a national holiday

Cabinet declares Friday a national holiday

The cabinet yesterday declared June 9 a national holiday to commemorate the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's accession to the throne. Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Surakiart Sathirathai said the cabinet agreed that Friday should be a public holiday nationwide. Earlier, June 12-13 were declared public holidays in the Bangkok area.

Government spokesman Surapong Suebwonglee said people should join the royal celebrations to express their loyalty to the King.

Three cheers ...

... for His Majesty the King. But, does that mean that the bars will be closed? I'm not asking because I am so desperate to miss out on one night of drinking and leering, but it's the start of the world cup and I was going to watch (hopefully) the opening ceremony and the first game (Germany Vs Costa Rica) at the Panorama Bar in B'Town.

Why don't you call them and ask? Then report back here.

Liked
    Last night one of the Farang venue owners in Sunee told me that they are not sure what night or nights they have to close yet. He said generally someone comes by the day before and tells them to close the following night.

Farang owners comply and some Thais ignore or find a way around it.
    E Dok Tong

national holiday

Only in thailand would bars etc be closed on a national holiday.if this is what happens .In other countries ,people would be allowed to enjoy them selves.IN the Uk, this sat is the queens official birthday to celebrate her 80th year.and theres no way any decent government would even think of closing pubs etc,plus its the opening sat of the world football cup,which is even more important.

I think most of us love Thailand for what is different about it compared with other countries. If you don't like it, you know what they say...

holiday

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    I think most of us love Thailand for what is different about it compared with other countries. If you don't like it, you know what they say...
    I think that most farang in pattaya are there for sun , not the sea and sex ,and not in that order,and that goes for most single guys str8 or gay

anyone got a link to a list of Thai national holidays? thanks in advance. for a website im working on.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    anyone got a link to a list of Thai national holidays? thanks in advance. for a website im working on.
    Good grief! Try typing "THAI NATIONAL / PUBLIC HOLIDAYS" into a Google Search. Works quite well. (Capitals not necessary).

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I trust that Niddy's Nook, being a fine eating establishment, will still be open on this auspicious day?
    So why not treat yourself as a King, and have a cheeseburger, at Niddy's Nook!