Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty's Bar, Prague

Liked

Monty's Bar, Prague

Until a couple of years ago, this bar - just up the hill from Club Temple - was open in the afternoon and was a good place to find working boys in the daytime.

I know that it then closed for a time. One rumour was that it was simply being refitted, another that it was moving just up the hill, a third that it was closed for good.

Unfortunately, the Prague (sort of) equivalent of this forum, which was the best source of information, no longer operates, so can anyone update me on the current status of Monty's as I don't want to have a wasted afternoon on my forthcoming trip.

"The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Re: Monty's Bar, Prague

Was last there towards the end of 2012.

The bar is now called Little Temple.

As I recall it now does not open till around 5pm and closes around 10pm

The main bar (Temple itself) opens around 7ish but is quiet till around 8.30

:hello2:

Liked

You've saved me a wasted afternoon's journey. Many thanks!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

I have observed that some of the boys who can be later seen in Little Temple are available around the Hlavni Nadrazi rail station if thats of help?

There┬┤s one on a bike in particular was featured on the VM website.

If you dont know what im talking about , send a PM

Liked

Update: I went to Little Temple (Monty's as was) today at about 1 pm. It turns out that opening hours are 12 noon until 10 pm. Given the early hour, I was pleased to find three or four good looking boys there!

Liked

Good to hear - obviously they have changed the opening times since I was last there in 2012.

:hello2:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    ... I was pleased to find three or four good looking boys there!
    Oh, you are such a tease Marsilius, you must have been distracted, by what, I canтАЩt imagine, and forgot to finish your post and tell us what happened next?
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I really will have to make a point of getting myself to Prague one of these days as it seems that's where all a lot of the action is at !

Liked

My memories of visiting Prague are now well out of date NIrish, my one and only visit being 12 years ago. Sadly it was the year before the big C discovered me and made a total and utter hash of my face. But IтАЩm sure itтАЩs just as good today as it was then and I thoroughly recommend a visit.

We found stylish bars and sleazy bars. We found a very busy and hugely exciting sauna. And the clubs were well worth a visit. If my memory serves me right there was one club with a huge dark room where there was a one man show going on in a mock prison cell behind iron bars. It served to encourage the watching audience into some pretty low levels of debauchery, which naturally, I had no alternative but to participate in!

It was a year in which I can tell you quite frankly that no money exchanged hands тАж I could never say that now with a straight face! :- ) тАж and I found many stunning, sexy willing and able young Czech guys.

We planned to return the following year, but, alas, I had to cancel because of my illness.

And there is lots of touristy stuff to do during the day. I am including a photo of me taken with the famous Charles Bridge and Prague Castle in the background. Two must sees for the first time visitor.

Also attached below is a photo of a puppet, which IтАЩve named Arthur Farnes-Barnes, which I bought at a state run puppet shop. Prague is famous for its crystal and puppets, amongst other things.

One funny incident springs to mind. We were in an underground station when this guy approached me and spoke to me, presumably, in Czech. I thought he was begging for money and brushed him aside and moved away. He followed me and again spoke to me. Again I brushed him aside and moved farther along the platform. But the guy persisted and followed me, this time holding out his hand in which he held an official looking metal badge. He then spoke to me in English and said, тАЬTicket inspector.тАЭ Ah! Now I understood, he was asking me to show him my ticket! Well thankfully all three of us had purchased tickets and I was able to assure him that I had a valid ticket.

We then watched as he approached a young American couple. Unfortunately they had not purchased tickets and we heard them say, тАЬWe thought it was free.тАЭ To which the inspector said can you name me one underground system where there is free travel. At that point our train arrived so I donтАЩt know how that encounter was finalised.

The moral of this story is, do remember to buy an underground ticket!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

For those who haven't experienced it, the metro system in Prague has no checks - either as you enter or leave - as to whether you have bought a ticket. But there are inspectors, as described, who, if you cannot produce a ticket on request, will impose what I am told is a very hefty fine. Ticket for an unlimited length journey is a standard 32 CZK (about ┬г1).

Just off to Monty's (aka Little Temple) again!