Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: What to expect from DTAC

Liked

What to expect from DTAC

Can anyone tell me with reasonable accuracy whether I can expect to reactivate my old SIM with the same number as I had last year.?? This question has been dealt with before, most recently that I can find in 2011. Things change so quickly in Thailand it's hard to keep up with current procedures. There was a 7 month gap between my 2011 and 2012 trips, and the number was valid for both visits. This year will be a 10 months gap.
    When I returned to Oz last year, it appears Optus and DTAC have some sort of sharing arrangement because I received a "welcome to Australia" message from Optus and continued to receive Thai offers and txt messages (from DTAC) for about 3 months at which time they ceased and I surmised either DTAC or Optus had given up on me using the number again.
    I originally (2011) got my SIM at the air-port from the DTAC booth. In 2012 upon arrival I went to the booth and topped up with no apparent problem.
    I hate change (odd for a Thailand visitor I know) so I'm curious if anyone can enlighten me as to whether I can expect to retain the same number this year??

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: What to expect from DTAC

it depends on your "credit date" when you last topped up. If the phone is still in credit there is a Thai e-bay site that will top it up for you.

Pay 500baht and get 300baht credit. Let your fingers do the walking.

Liked

After the "valid until" date, there seems to be a 30 day period during which the remaining balance is lost, you can't receive or make calls, but after top-up you card is reactivated. Thas was a one-two-call SIM card.

Liked

TIP for all DTAC user:

If you are on holiday and are going back for a certain amount of time, you get the problem the OP has.

NO need for that problem.
    Just use the DTAC extra time credit feature and buy more time to use your phone credit.

Call: *113*30# and you get 30 days added to your time, before you loose credit and/or number.
    It costs 2 baht per 30 days added.
    Same code can also be done for 90 (= 6 baht) and 180 (= 12 baht) days, if I remember correctly.

Do this before you go back home and no more closed simcards when you get back.
    You can even add a year time if you want, just keep doing the same call again and again.

I live here, but I usually run out of time before credit (I don't call that much), so I use this feature a lot.

arty