List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does growing older and being idle lead to......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Does growing older and being idle lead to......

I have been coming to Thailand for 10 years or so and living here 2 1/2 years. I have heard people talking about expats getting older and more grouchy with nothing but this to occupy their time. What's your take on this? Is sit just a age thing, a being idle thing, both or you never saw this.

Re: Does growing olderand being idle lead to......

Surely its a cultural thing their used to what they had "back home" and as the days go buy their more and more discontented.

Its no different if they stay in there home country always grumbling about "the good old days".

Frankly living in Thailand would drive me crazy. No rule of law, corruption everywhere, Thais who believe that there are the rulers and the ruled and everyone knows there place, no democracy, no free speech, no consumer protection, scams everywhere. The Thais are OK to f*ck but otherwise handle with care. Neals commenst in another thread about all the scams he knew the boys were up to with farang customers when he owned his bar are all too true for Thais generally.

Oh and Ill be there at the end of the month for two weeks of wall to wall sex. If LW is to be believed Im on my "mental health pension" and rawting the Aussie taxpayer.

Re: Does growing older and being idle lead to......

Expats growing older and being idle = discontent, frustration, disappointment, acute/fatal boredom. That applies no matter where you live.

I know that mental and physical stagnation would do me in. IтАЩm 70+ but I continue to work part time (3-4 hrs/day on the internet and another hour or two per day thinking about solutions to business problems). That partially answers the question тАЬWhat shall I do today?тАЭ. But I also need the mental and physical stimulation that can only come from sex. IтАЩve tried both LTRтАЩs and short time meetings and at this point in my life, the short timers are most judicious.

So, work a little and screw a little is the combination that keeps me going.

Liked

Grouchy...certainly. I find myself responding with irrational levels of anger to minor set-backs...a dropped plate, for example.
    The key, in my view, is to maintain as many contrasting interests as possible. Perhaps this is why there could be issues for expats; the need for contrast was certainly a major reason why I decided not to live in Thailand when I had the opportunity a decade ago.
    Travel and activism in Palestine, or watching Chelsea FC , or enjoying London's unparalleled classical music scene means that, when I'm in Thailand , I can indulge other interests and find them fresh rather than routine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Neals commenst in another thread about all the scams he knew the boys were up to with farang customers when he owned his bar are all too true for Thais generally.
    No, it's not true for "Thais generally" at all. Maybe the ones who work in the red-light districts, but the same goes for every countries' red-light districts.

As for the OP, what's your diet like? Not sure what you're allowed to do due to your health, so consult with your doctor. If possible though, maybe try a salad only diet for 2 or 3 weeks. For protein, throw a little shrimp or some fish or something into them. Just after a simple few days you wouldn't believe how much better you feel, your more calm, relaxed, clear headed, focus & concentration are better, etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    ....you wouldn't believe how much better you feel, your more calm, relaxed,
    Calm me??? Me calm??? Who needs to be calm! I am already calm! Any more calm and I will be dead!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

PS. There is so much that I can't eat that I don't pay attention to it anymore. When I go I will be full and happy. Now don't get me wrong, I do try but it is just insane. No no salad technically but I do. No darker green vegetables as they contain too much salt. 1 oz meat, fish, poultry a day. Try that one. 1 liter of water a day at the most. Max one apple a day and small one. No other fruits or like 6 green grapes or two slices of the one that is similar to that grapefruit. I mean big fruit eh? I used to drink cub soda with lime. Nope! Has salt. No nuts, no beans and so much that I asked the doctor if I could eat tissues. Nope I give up on diets. I kind of like these more friendlie posts we have had and I am sue in part it's because I am leaving but really stop it. Just say hey Neal you are a fucking bitch and ty a salad for a few days and get over your PMS. :sign5:

Liked

Re your dining habits, Neal.....I remember seeing you lead a troupe of extremely cute young men (about six of them) from Boyztown to the restaurant I still (wrongly) call The Flying Vegetable about seven years ago. It reminded me of a duck paddling serenely across a pond with a row of ducklings behind her.
    I was jealous because one of them was (or had been) a frequent visitor to my room a couple of years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Neals commenst in another thread about all the scams he knew the boys were up to with farang customers when he owned his bar are all too true for Thais generally.
    No, it's not true for "Thais generally" at all. Maybe the ones who work in the red-light districts, but the same goes for every countries' red-light districts.
    Do remind us all why your not living in your Isaan paradise any more.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yup they used to call me Mother Hubbard. Now since I finished with all my old boys, PLEASE tell me which one or PM it to me either one