Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Recommendations For a Serviced Apt for 1 month in BKK

Liked

Recommendations For a Serviced Apt for 1 month in BKK

Hi guys,
    As some of you know I am relocating to Thailand next month. :happy7:

I am looking for recommendations on a 1 Bedroom or Studio serviced apt. in Bangkok near a BTS.
    I will take this for 1 month (Mid May - Mid June) while I search for a job and then an apartment near the job.
    It doesn't need to be your apartment, just some recommendations on names and locations
    you may be familiar with which will give me a head start. I look at apartment rental websites
    but not being familiar with different areas of Bangkok, its all so confusing to me.
    Thanks.

Liked

Re: Recommendations For a Serviced Apt for 1 month in BKK

My recommendation:

http://www.tarntawanapartments.com/rates.html

First rate location in Surawong/Silom area. Walking distance to BTS and also to Lumpini Park. Owned by Tarntawan Place Hotel which is nearby. Gay owned. Professional staff/service. The apartment has a cleaning/laundry and you can avail yourself of the nearby hotel restaurant if you want, which is 24 hours.

Liked

http://migrationology.com/2012/02/rent- ... -thailand/
    this gives great advice on which areas to look in as well as cheap appartments,
    it might also be worth you sending a p.m. to christainpfc as he has already done what you are looking to do, and im sure he would be more than happy to help you out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Forget that Tantawan IF youre really seriously looking into jobs etc-far too much distraction-and not cheap at all either.
    Chris had the luck to easily get an offer from someone in the same comp-who left.
    For these maintream Qs (I guess there is no need for GAYness now?-you can receive any visitor you want in any aprtmt) go to the usual mainstream fiora- oike thaivisa-or maybe many more in your own lingo-or a site oike mrroomfinder.
    CHEAP aprtmts ((tipically named condo in Thai) are more by word of mouth and searching in the area you want. The further out of ''town'' (think lower Sukh/Silom) the cheaper it will get-ditto for away -in a sideoi- OFF BTS/MRT.
    You ARE aware that you can only get a proper WORK visa via your employer once you have found a job??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    Chris had the luck to easily get an offer from someone in the same comp-who left.
    You got this wrong. My landlord has nothing to do with the institution I work for.

Back to the op. What price range are you looking for? In Soi Sri Bam Pen you can get a large (by my standards: 30 sqm) empty room with bed and wardrobe for 4000 or a small (20 sqm) serviced apartment (bed, bedlinen, cleaning service, fridge, tv) for 8000.

Some hotels have discounts for long-time as well, I think Penguin Guesthouse (Sathorn Soi Sri Bam Pen) has (check their website).

In cental Bangkok you will probably find accomodation via internet; further away from central Bangkok, the only way seems by reading signs (in Thai) about rooms for rent.

Liked

Thanks guys. This is a good start.
    I am aware that I get the working Visa through my employer. That is why
    I am looking for something for 1month to acquire the job then hopefully
    get my permanent apt. near the school.
    What I am looking for now is someplace comfortable to get my feet on
    the ground. Middle of May up to $20,000b furnished w/ cooking facilities and
    easy access to mass transit.
    I will investigate these but anyone else want to chime in please do.

Liked

I have stayed for a one month period at the Cordia Residence on Saladaeng Rd. Nothing fancy, but clean. They clean the rooms daily with sheets and towels changed twice a week. The Housekeeping staff will also do your laundry for a reasonable rate. Close to the Silom BTS and MRT. Here is a link. If you send a Thai friend to book for you, you can usually get a better rate. At least my BF was able to get a good 4 to 5 thousand baht off the website price. I may stay there again next January.

http://www.wcc.co.th/cordiasaladaeng/

Liked

http://www.lookthai.com/eng/aptmap/taptinfo.htm
    ive had this on my computer for ages but forgot all about it .. no idea how upto date it is or wether you can update it yourself
    but if it helps alls good.