Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Toom Taxi

Liked

Mr Toom Taxi

No Show!
    I recently used Mr. Toom's taxi service from the Bangkok airport to pattaya, and it worked out fine. On the strength of this experience, I booked him for the return trip from Pattaya to the the Bangkok airport. I even re-confirmed the reservation two days before the trip, and gave him my cell phone number in Thailand and the phone number of the hotel where I was to be picked up. But his driver did not show up! I sent him emails and text messages while I was waiting and there was no reply at that or ever. Calls to his phone were not answered. This is very irresponsible and I am surprised how he can stay in business by doing this to his repeat customers. I will never use Mr. Toom's service ever again.

Liked

Re: Slip in service with Mr T taxi ?

Sounds like you had a difficult time, but this being your first post could you take a picture of your cell phones text messages to mr room just so that we know your on the level?
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Good call Bucky.

Now that is what I would call a highly suspect first post.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by asntp
    I will never use Mr. Toom's service ever again.
    Just for clarity... Mr Toom, is not Mr.T
    And this thread was about Mr.T, hope Asntp's post does not do Mr.T out of any future business
    Using him at least 5 years now, 3 trips per year to and from the Airport+ Bkk... have never been let down ever

Have also ordered Taxis at all sorts of weird and wonderful hours for friends... and never been let down either

I have now split the Mr T thread and this post about Mr Toom Neal
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Suspect Mr Toom Post and replies

Update:

I m sorry it took me so long to check this out. I contacted Mr Toom a few times regarding different prices and found him to be about 25% more than anyone else. He said it was for a "luxuary van" and when I asked what was the difference between the van I took all the time and his "luxury" van his comment was that I needed to take it in order to see what that difference was. Hmmmm????

Next I asked him about the problem with Asntp and identified myself as the forum owner. I did see the telephone messages making the reservations from Asttp's phone and I did see Mr Tooms reply confirming the reservation. I also saw the messages from Asntp's phone asking where Toom was and that he was late and needed to get to the airport. No replies. I saw other messages that had no relevance. So yes it has all been verified and again I apologize for taking so long to follow uo.

I guess now that that is done we still need a responsible van service other than Mr T and now Mr Toom!

Liked

Re: Mr Toom Taxi

Well Mr Toom schedules hundreds of trips a year and his drivers don't work for him but he arranges the trip and I assume gets a commission .

I have taken him at least 100 times and never been let down. But he is at the mercy of his drivers and if one lets him down he gets the blame and that is how it should be. But based on my experience I doubt anyone has a better record for the number of trips he schedules.. Evidently the OP has never run a business and had an employee let him down. As far as him being a repeat customer one trip does not make much of a repeat customer.

Thats not to say I don't sympathize with the OP. I have a trip in a few weeks with a 3am pick up and I will be nervous until I hear from the driver.

As far as his prices being 25% more that is ridiculous. He charges 1000 baht Pattaya to the airport . Yes maybe you can find a returning taxi or a junk car for less but good luck making it to the airport. I prefer nice cars and competent drivers because I want to actually get to my airplane in one piece. Now Neal I don't take vans so maybe his price for a Van is 25% higher (maybe) but normal cars are definitely not and it is unfair to make such a broad brush statement.

Keep in mind his prices include all tolls .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    I have taken him at least 100 times and never been let down. But he is at the mercy of his drivers and if one lets him down he gets the blame and that is how it should be. But based on my experience I doubt anyone has a better record for the number of trips he schedules..
    That is very possible but does not explain the lack of response when questioned about the complaint and it is not proper that he did not answer anstp. H ecould have answered me explaining that and he could have sent a replacement driver when the customer complained that the driver was not there. IMHO since he does hundreds of bookings, he certainly could have handled both and he does understand English.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    As far as his prices being 25% more that is ridiculous.
    Please do not call my quote on his price "ridiculous" unless you know what I asked for a quote on and the the method of transpotation. Thanks!

As far as my quote was concerned as I stated, I take a van. The van I take on the particular trip is 3,000 baht each way and is nice and clean and certainly adequate and the driver polite and good. Mr Toom was given the same two points of origin and final point and quoted 4,000 baht. When questioned, his response was that he supplies as I said "luxury vans". When asked what was the difference between a "luxury van" and a regular van he said I would have to try it and see.

Now I am sorry firecat but since you don't know the conversation by email you cannot call doubt on the price between what two points and since you have not taken the van service I use you cannot degrade it. IMHO!

Liked

Evidently you are having a bad day and having problems reading. I was plain that I don't take vans so you could be correct. However your wording makes it sound like Mr Toom is 25 % high period on all his quotes and that is just not the case.

In addition you have no idea whether his van is much more luxurious then the one you take because you have never seen it.. It may or may not be a superior product ,but you have no idea. Let's compare apples with apples. Until you have seen it you may be right and you just as easy could be wrong.

Although I don't use vans for normal runs I have on occasion used them for golf outing and there can be a tremendous difference in how the van is outfitted and thus the price.

Liked

I've never used Mr Toom. I've travelled from and to the airport in a variety of ways.
    Last time in February my flight arrived at 6.00 pm and I caught the public bus at 7.00 pm to Pattaya. This dropped me off on Sukunvit Road at about 8.45 pm and from there I engaged a motor bike taxi to take me and my large bag to the Ambiance arriving a few minutes later. Bus fare 130 baht Motor bike 80 baht. This gave my inner cheap Charlie persona a warm glow, although within an hour I had blown any saving on a couple of Gogo beers and a short time boy.
    For my return to the airport I just wandered down Second Road pulling my bag until I saw a parked taxi and offered him 1000 which was accepted and off we went.
    As regards the bus I think that the Bell Travel is a better proposition, particularly for those who don't know Pattaya too well.

Liked

I have had great service from Mr Toom. I took a taxi of his from Pattaya to Bangkok. An hour after arriving at the Bangkok hotel, I realised that a small bag had been left in the boot of the taxi. I called Mr Toom and he instructed the taxi to turn around and deliver my bag to the Bangkok hotel at no extra charge. Of course, as it had been my fault, I gave the driver, who had had two hours of his time wasted, a good tip for his trouble.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]