Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Embassy Notary Letter for Income, Deadline

Liked: 1

US Embassy Notary Letter for Income, Deadline

I went to the US Embassy Outreach Friday and was informed by the staff there that certain Immigration Offices are only taking Income Letters Notarized in 90 days not the previous 1 Year dating. Someone had checked with Chonburi Immigration and was told that the 90 day only was in effect. I did not hear this first hand, so please check ahead before filing for your Yearly Visa. Anyone else heard of the new rule?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: US Embassy Notary Letter for Income, Deadline

I am slightly confued about your question. When you go to the Embassy for your statement of income letter once a year don't you within a short period of time go to immigrtion for your 1 year visa? I don't understand what you mean by it is only good for 90 days.

Liked: 1

Before you go to Immigration for your 1 Year Visa you must have a letter notarized by the USA Embassy stating your yearly income. Previously Immigration would take a letter dated within a 1 year period, now it must be dated withing the 90 days you apply for your visa. Clear on it now?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OK that's what I thought you meant but needed to be sure. Now the next question is where are you getting that letter notorized in the US or Thailand? Am I assuming Thailand is correct?

Liked

You mean the Thais used to take what can actually be a bare-faced lie about your income notarized by an Embassy ie. not worth the paper it's written on, one that's up to a year old and now they'll only accept a bare-faced lie that's up to 3 months old??? The whole bare-faced lie scam is well covered in a e-book available from Amazon How to retire to South East Asia http://www.amazon.com/retire-South-East ... B007GSVXDW
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Liked

Are you speaking from personal experience as a bare faced liar?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No Sooty is talking about it from being a bare faced ASSHOLE as usual. :angryfire:

Liked

The Embassy simply certifies that you told them something. They don't certify that you told them the truth as they don't bother verifying what you told them. It's a scam.
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Now isnt that a more proper way to explain it. See you dont have to be an arse all the time now do you?

Liked

I am fairly certain when using an income letter for retirement extension qualification in Thailand, you DO need a fresh letter every year at Jomtien and cannot use the previous year's one Within 90 sounds reason able. I does not need to be super fresh like the bank letter needed for those using a bank account method.
    Cunt Pride!