Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thaicom 5 satellite launched, HDTV is on the way

Liked: 1

Thaicom 5 satellite launched, HDTV is on the way

Thailand: Thaicom 5 satellite successfully launched

(Thai Press Reports Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)Section: Corporate News - Shin Satellite's Thaicom 5 satellite is now in orbit, Krungthep Turakij reported.

On 27 May Arianespace launched the Thaicom 5 satellite, along with Mexico's SATMEX, into orbit on an Ariane 5 ECA rocket. The Thaicom 5 satellite is a Spacebus 3000A satellite manufactured by Alcatel Allinia Space of France. It has 14 KU-band channels and 24 C-band channels that will be used primarily for TV broadcasts. It is the first satellite covering Indochina to provide HDTV service.

Thaicom 5 will replace Thaicom 1 and Thaicom 2, which are due to retire in 2008 and 2009.

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked

OH GREAT!!!

We cannot even afford HDTV here in the US.
    Who will buy the sets in Thailand? The RICH Go-Go Boys???
    :blackeye:

Liked
    "We cannot even afford HDTV here in the US."....don't know where you live in the U.S. but here is the San Francisco Bay area most T.V. stations now broadcast over public airwaves in HD. All that is needed is a HDTV tuner for a few hundred bucks and a HDTV. Most the new TV sets are HD compatible and the price gap continues to shrink. HD packages from cable providers is only about $10/month more. The difference between in HD and "regular" is truly remarkable. Nice to know that when I retire to LOS in few years I will have the HDTV option.