Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Are falangs irrelevant?

Are falangs irrelevant?

I see the 2012 tourists stats have been published. Only Australia and the UK represent us falangs in the top 10 (at 8 & 9) except for Russia at 4th spot:

China 2.789 million
    Malaysia 2.560 million
    Japan 1.371 million
    Russia 1.317 million
    South Korea 1.169 million
    India 1.015 million
    Laos 0.951 million
    Australia 0.93 million
    UK 0.87 million
    Singapore 0.821 million
    and in 11th place
    USA 0.767 million

Only 23% falang!

Liked

Re: Are falangs irrelevant?

It depends on the average spend per person. I probably spend ten times the amount an Indian does.

Liked

Re: Are falangs irrelevant?

Considering that LOS is in Asia, it is probably not surprising that Asians make up the bulk of the visitors, especially as many more Asians can now afford to travel. The gogo bars in soi twilight in BKK have now been virtually taken over by young Chinese/Korean gay and straight couples.

I was speaking to the owner of the 8Bar in Siem Reap. He's from Singapore and told me that heaps of young gay Singaporeans fly up to BKK on the weekend to party. They can pick up really cheap airline tickets. One night in the bar I got talking to a cute young guy from Singapore and he told me he often flew up to BKK. He'd decided to give SR a try for a change of scenery.

I think a lot of Aussies go to LOS as they are sick of going to Bali, which has now turned into a rubbish dump as it struggles to keep up with the tourist numbers.

BTW I wonder what percentage of tourists to say, Paris are from Asia. Probably more than 23%, judging by the numbers lined up outside the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs Elysees. :sign5: