Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: His mother really was ill...

Liked

His mother really was ill...

I've been regularly offing a Go Go Boy over the last three years. He's never any trouble and never asked for money despite being in regular email contact when I'm not in Pattaya.

Then a weeks ago I got an email asking for 5,000 Bhat because his mother was ill. I called him and he said he didn't need the money for the treatment but to help with journeys to and from his home near Chaiyaphum.

He's always been honest with me and I felt guilty doubting him but I know all about Go Go Boys and their sick mothers, dead buffallo and other such disasters.

But then I realised I was in the position to check as I have a local contact and it didn't take long to discover that he really was travelling regularly to Chaiyaphum and I even got more information about his mother's condition than I wanted to know or felt I out to have.

It's a shame that my first reaction should have been to doubt him but I suppose it's all part of the Go Go Boy scene and fending off unlikely requests can be part of the fun as well.

5,000 Bhat isn't a lot anyway.

Liked

Re: His mother really was ill...

These are always tricky requests to fulfill. But if you have the money and not a burden to you then why not.

I recently received info that a boy I knew is in bad shape probably from a stroke. He has asked me for some small money but I know it will never end if I concede. I have not acknowledged his text messages but others have assured me that he is indeed ill and may well die. What to do? Have already contributed too much to local "charity"; they bleed you to death much like vampires.

Liked

If you can afford it send him the money. You can always ignore the next round of requests if you have to. Sometimes just doing something for someone , expecting nothing in return can be very rewarding.

Not to say that giving to charities is not rewarding , but there is rarely a personal connection!

Liked

I agree with Firecat on this, noting it also depends a lot on the relationship and Thai asking the question.

I had it happen some time ago (before BF) and I sent a small amount of money to a sweet (and incredibly sexy) Thai friend due to death of his Father. He has never asked for anything since, and I make a point to see him and catch up on nearly every visit now.

This really is something to be considered on a "case by case" basis.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Not to say that giving to charities is not rewarding , but there is rarely a personal connection!
    The "charities" I was referring to were the personal/individual ones which we all get request for donations, not the organized ones.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    they bleed you to death much like vampires.
    In many, if not most, instances I have had this same experience. Once you give in, they never stop.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...assuming that you are in the same country...then a request can easily be accomodated....just ask him to "work"it off.....simple...