Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Boybars for ladies --Bangkok post

Liked

Boybars for ladies --Bangkok post

[attachment=0:1f291csz]458015.jpg[/attachment:1f291csz]

This article starts off on Hong Kong, but is about boy bars for ladies, in Bangkok.
    The full article is here, with photos. this is edited from the full article.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investi ... ult-market

A posh new Bangkok club offers a "six-pack party", with minimally clad male models showing off ripped abdominals. What had been expected to draw a trendy mixed crowd became, as an organiser described it, a mob of aggressively amorous females and a testy security situation.

Off of Surawong Road, a female Japanese expat goes to watch boy-a-gogo shows where well endowed young men from northeastern provinces perform hard-core acrobatic sex acts. Afterward she calls one of them over and, for an agreed upon 2,000 baht, takes him home.

At a ladies' lounge on Ratchadaphisek Road, fair-skinned men hired for their culture, humour and manners entertain well heeled female professionals, hoping to find the "sugarmama" who will pay for their university studies or new car. Several such clubs have opened around the capital in the past few years, some with over 100 hosts at a given time ready to tend to the needs of female customers.

Such scenes speak to a collective trend of a female population more aware of how they want to be gratified and braver in seeking it out. In a city where sex is ubiquitous and extroverted, with entire districts catering to men on the prowl, women who have suffered philandering husbands and lovers - as well as divorcees or those largely bypassed in the dating game - are increasingly bold in getting their own.

LADIESтАЩ CHOICE: Women crowd male entertainers at a тАШsix-packтАЩ party at a trendy club that became very lively, to say the leastтАФpart of a new vogue in Bangkok of entertainment aimed at women.

NOT ALWAYS THE GENTLER SEX

Levels is a trendy new sixth-storey nightclub on the glitzy club strip of Sukhumvit Soi 11. From a quiet beginning earlier this year, it is now very popular on weekends and event nights. One such night was a "six-pack" party last Friday, with minimally dressed male models showing off their muscles. It was the successor to the first such event two months ago, back by popular demand.

Events manager Chutima Ongsanthia told Spectrum it wasn't a surprise that the first party was successful, but the way it unfolded was something she'd never experienced before.

"The women were really aggressive. But that goes to show how women have been overlooked for so long."

There were some physical fights between women competing to lavish attention on certain models, she said, and arguments between ladies and their jealous boyfriends.

There was also some mild harassment of the models and sexual propositioning.

''The women were difficult to handle even for our security team,'' she said. ''They were completely outnumbered.''

Some party-goers had expected a large gay male contingent to show up, but turnout was over 70% female, a mixture of locals and expats, said Ms Chutima.

She said she expects the trend to continue and that there will be more events at Levels and around the city catering to girls' nights out. Rival clubs are already looking into similarly themed nights.

''In the Bangkok scene,'' said Ms Chutima, ''there is a lot of entertainment for men and not enough for women. There is a new kind of woman in Bangkok _ a young, professional and dynamic crowd not interested in Bangkok's 'traditional' nightlife. It is a breath of fresh air when the tables are turned.''

'PRINCESSES FOR A NIGHT'

DARE TO WEAR: Owner Suthida Tanphiphat shows off an item at The Hidden Closet, an erotic boutique on Ratchadaphisek Road in business to help couples spice up their love lives.

In the past few years the number of ''host bars'', or clubs aimed at heterosexual female clientele, has risen exponentially in Bangkok. Some, especially those whose hosts can be ''bar fined'' (solicited for prostitution), keep a very low profile, to the point of not even having a name, website or publicising their location. Some are free to enter with pricey drinks, while others charge covers of about 1,000 baht for non-members. Many of these establishments refuse to admit men, while others make exceptions for men in the company of women as well as for gay men _ although the latter are generally discouraged. The dozens of host bars around Bangkok catering to gay men would be a better fit.

The female-only clubs are largely a new phenomenon. Most are off of Asok-Montri or Ratchadaphisek roads. One is on the top floor opposite the Grammy Building on Asok. Another one nearby is called House. There is also the well known 18 Plus 1 in the Sermmit Tower (http://www.18plus1.com), which boasts over ''100 men ready to take care of you _ handsome, warm, courteous and friendly''.

On Ratchadaphisek Soi 3 is a restaurant cum host bar called Nice Club House, while on Soi 13 there's the Mon Lady Club. Near Sutthisan MRT is a large new club called Sha Sha Club (http://www.shashaclub.com), where only women are allowed. It targets middle-class to higher end professionals and housewives and promises to ''deliver a night of fun for you ladies'' with ''handsome slim guys with warmth, humour and fun who know how to flatter the ladies''.

On Rama IX Road is Prince Entertainment (princeentertainment.biz), which ''employs handsome quality that will provide fun every night because you are a princess of the prince of the night''.

We spoke to one frequent patron of such clubs, an unmarried Thai woman in her late thirties who works in finance. She said she's not looking for anything serious at the bar she regularly attends on Asok Road. Sometimes she goes with friends, other times just by herself.

''I go to relax,'' she said. ''I work hard during the week and I can have a drink, and the men come to me and I can choose who I want to talk to. It makes me feel a little like a university student again, when I was popular with the boys. If I sit with a different host the next time, the one from before looks hurt. I know it's mainly an act, but it makes me feel liked.''

She said she hasn't paid a host for sex, although it happens. Some clubs don't want to know about the liaisons, while others want their share of the money. A friend of hers paid 5,000 baht, including the ''bar fine'' paid to the club, for all-night intimacy.

''The boy wanted to see her again and called her a few times, but she was afraid it might get serious and he'd make more demands. She stopped coming to the club for a while, but I think the boys know there's nothing serious in it.''

She still has the looks to turn heads, raising the question of why she would pay for a man's attention. ''Flings from bars and clubs can be emotional, embarrassing and messy _ competing against the prostitutes, and others casting judgement. Most of the men who try to pick you up in nightclubs can't be trusted. Women who have a bit of money want a context where they have more control of the situation. They want to be taken care of.''

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves