Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ station / soi 2 price increase

DJ station / soi 2 price increase

Don't know if anyone has already mentioned it but signs up everywhere in DJ / all bars in the Soi 2 complex to notify that as from 14th dec 13 all drinks prices will increase from 100 to 150 baht.

To be honest we can't really complain about that much as a) it's still a great venue IMHO and 150 baht is "about right" for such a place and if you tip the barmen regularly the poured drinks you get back are MORE than enough to put most oeoples lights as i nearly found to my cost a few nights !! :-)

My only complaint is they choose Christmas Eve to implement their price increases - yeah happy Christmas to you too guys !!! :/)

Liked

Re: DJ station / soi 2 price increase

`as from 14th dec 13 all drinks prices will increase from 100 to 150 baht.`

But that is nearly a year away ? :happy7:

Ha ha well spotted ! I did of course mean 2012 :-)

Liked

LOL .. I know you did ..
    Sounds like you are having a blast..
    Have you been to the corner bar on your travels, any customers in there ?

Liked

I saw the note as well (two weeks ago), drink prices 150 Baht starting from 24.12.2012. I assume this includes entry, as entry comes with one drink voucher (or two on weekends)?

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    and if you tip the barmen regularly
    (there is always a way to drag any thread to tipping!) I hereby declare that I never tipped, it never occured to me that a tip is necessary/expected/customary, and I will never tip a barman in DJ station.

Ah see there's the difference in Germans and the Irish, you never tip because you don't have to - fair enough, you're absolutely right, up to you, whereas I tip by choice in there a) as there are 30 people all crammed at the bar I literally only have to raise an eyebrow and literally not speak a word to the barman and a Bacardi and coke wings its way through the masses to me - and a Bacardi with a measure that would choke a donkey I may add ! - also, and this has happened SO many times now that on my first visit back after maybe a 6 month absence when I walk in the same bar man wai's me and pours me "my" drink - again without me even saying a word, which is just lovely and I feel like I'm home again.

We've actually expanded on that game now where he actually guesses without asking me or hardly looking at me as to what I might want to drink next ( as I change my drink several times throughout the night) and the other night out of maybe ten drinks he got it right nine times purely based on his guessing as to everything from my soberiety - ie maybe getting drunk so maybe switch to beer/ water , soberity levels not drunk enough - switch to double bacardis, or wanting energy to dance or fuck switch to vodka and red bull etc etc.

The one drink he guessed incorrectly the other night he binned and didn't charge for, the rest and I can't emphasise this enough I never as much as had to open my mouth to ask for and he had them sitting waiting for me as I arrived up at the bar and when I'm buying for 5 or 6 friends too that's invaluable instsnt service whilst the masses thronged around me waving their 100 baht drink money at him pleasing for service, so to me that's one situation where a tip is both well deserved and worth every penny - but you're right you don't have to tip there or anywhere, so feel free to enjoy the queue and the half measures, whilst I get merrily hammered :-) its all relative in my book :-)

Liked

Bacardi? Double bacardi? Beer? Vodka? And you mix drinks? And 10 of them in one night??

Fuck Nirishguy, you never cease to amaze me! What with your hard drinking and various sex antics (disco fucking??), you are beginning to take on legend status in my mind.

Christianpfc, of course tipping is purely up to the individual, but Nirish is right- a little "Trinkgeld" goes a hell of a way to getting you over the top service. Like Germany, there is no tipping culture in Australia or Japan either (In OZ, you would still get crap service, and in Japan you get awesome service anyway), but I have found that a tip brings you enormous benefits in S.E. Asia, especially when you think of how little it is really costing you. I always tip the cleaning ladies in the hotel and the doormen. Although I rarely eat breakfast in the hotel, I have found that if I tip the waiter, the next time I go down for breakfast he will show me immediately to the best available table and "take care" of me. I have tipped in Europe but have never noticed any difference in the way I was served.

Although I never tip taxi drivers, I remember one old driver telling me about how much it cost for him to go to a brothel these days. "Now can not go. Too much expensib." He has this sad look in his eyes and I felt really sorry for him, especially as I was going home after having fucked my way around LOS. So I gave him some money to go out and enjoy himself a few times. Back on the plane, I felt really bad, thinking I should have given him some more!

Liked

I do as NIrish in DJ, I think it is good business for both the bartender, and at least for me that like to drink.

I always go to the same one or two bars, and the same bartenders, they know or remember what I normally like to drink, they serve me and other good clients first, even if the place is totally packed, and most important, all of my drinks are "heavy thunderstorms", dont need any doubleshots there.

How much I tip?......well it is non of your business, but it is in fact not much money, and not all of the evening, but well worth any single baht.

The funny thing is that I learned this "trick", from some thaifriends, doing it themselves, many years ago.

Liked

I see, we have different drinking habits. I don't remember ever having a second drink in a gay venue in Thailand. After five gogo or host bars in succession, and a drink in each of them, I am full and have to go home because I cannot have any more drink.

I drink beer in gay discos because:
    you can't spill it (narrow neck of the bottle);
    when the bottle is empty, nobody notices and I can walk around with an empty bottle and even clink glasses and pretend to drink.

Liked

christian, you'd obviously never last the pace with NIrish Guy or me for that matter. 5 drinks in an evening and then you go home? not my idea of fun, but if it works for you, then well done. arty
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.