Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Dinners

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanksgiving Dinners

As traveler Jim says, Thanksgiving dinner for USA is Novemeber 22nd. If anyone runs into any specials, please post them here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thanksgiving Dinners

Tavern by the Sea, the bar along Beach Rd runned by the Amari hotel has a Thanksgiving dinner (buffet) for 600 baht. It was good ;however, no pumpkin pie. In the past, I have eaten at Tequila Reef (cold and picked over since I ate in the evening) and the one at Shanigans was a disappointment.

Liked

Neal- I am aware of this SPECIAL on Nov 22:

Butternut Squash soup
    Roast Hen Turkey with sausage/apple stuffing or Baked Smoked Ham
    Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
    Louisiana Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown sugar/Marshmellow/pecan Streusal topping
    New Jersey White Sweet Corn with Butter Sauce
    Apple Crisp
    Fresh Home-baked rolls
    Home-made Turkey Gravy,
    Home-made Pumpkin Pie
    Home-made Golden Delicious Apple Pie

But it is at my home in the USA. I am normally in Thailand at Thanksgiving and normally miss the gut-stuffing meal. But this year I can't travel, so I will me making the exact meal I always prefer. :alc:
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sounds absolutely fantastic Adman and I really hope you enjoy it and not think too much about missing Thailand. Best to you and who you celwbrate the holidays with.

Now thinking of what to do here, you can either make arrangements at someone's home and a party where people bring things. If you would like to, there are restaurants that are interested in coming up with a menu with specials like Adman is gonna have and get one of the restaurants do it. Lets suggest but we need to move quickly. I know Cafe des Amis is thinking about something and so is Brunos but have not submitted a menu yet. Write to me quick if you want in.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If some of you want I bet we could quickly talk to marcus or Michael and have a T Dinner there! Would not be expensive. I will be over there for breakfast in the morning and I will suggest they do something. Again send me a PM if you want in!

Liked

adman; please provide address and directions and time of dinner: I will provide the wine.

If in USA, cannot be the Yukon, but maybe New Jersey or Louisiana based on your menu?

Liked

My Thanksgiving dinner will be my absolute favorite....semi-edible food eaten on a 747 heading toward Thailand. :glasses7:

One week countdown has commenced. I will not be able to meet you all for Thanksgiving dinner, but the party starts soon after.

arty

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday spent with someone you love close by....

Liked

I thought it was some date in early July.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am not sure where you are from and just pulling our lrg but Thsanksgiving is a celebration of the harvest. Harvests are usually in Oct & Nov

I assume he's thinking of Independence Day

Liked

In Pattaya

In Bangkok

In Chiang Mai

Thursday 22 November тАУ Thanksgiving Party тАУ Soho

We will have a Baked turkey, oyster dressing and veggies. Come and join us for this delicious meal. Bring in a dish of your choice to receive a free well drink of your choice. Suggestions would be cranberry, a pie or a cake, or any dish will do. If you donтАЩt bring a dish no worry just buy a drink and join us for a feast.

22:30 at Soho Guesthouse and Bar

Thursday 22 November тАУ American Thanksgiving Day
    at Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel in the Nakara Jardin right on the river, Chiang Mai. Enjoy a plentiful selection of tasty American recipes from home. Roast turkey, ham, dressing, white and sweet potatoes, vegetables, salads, great desserts, and more, for only Baht 999 net per person (Baht 499 for kids under twelve) This is the third year of our party which has become a Chiang Mai tradition, and a тАЬmustтАЭ for foodies who like this delicious seasonal menu. Dinner will start at 7pm and for this event no corkage on wine. for further info or reservations 053252999 info@pingnakara.com

Thursday 22 November тАУ Bake & Bite Thanksgiving buffet
    5- 7pm or 8 тАУ 10pm 520 bht per person 250bht per child under 12. House wine 120bht per glass 100bht corkage fee. Reservations or further info Gai 0818829545 , Chiang Mai

Thursday 22 November тАУ Four Seasons Thanksgiving
    Four Seasons Resort, Chiang Mai will be doing a special Thanks Giving Day Buffet at Terraces Restaurant. The Buffet will start at 5 pm and is open to public. It starts at 5:00pm with a Live Jazz Band on the side. The menu consists of delicacies like Duck Foie Gras, Pumpkin Soup, Roasted butter ball turkey, extensive BBQ selection and 10 kinds of desserts. Price : THB 1,900 ++ If you are a Gourmet Card Member 20 % discount would be available.
    [color=#000080]For all the up-to-date news, stories and all the gossip on my blog - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog]NickysGayBlog.com[/url] For reviews of gay venues, bars, accommodation, restaurants - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand]NickysGayThailand.com[/url][/color]