Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New Years in Thailand

Liked

New Years in Thailand

Hello. I'm traveling to Thailand over the holidays for the first time and wondering where is the best place to spend New Years. I'm a single guy. I have reservations in Pattaya for 3 nights until Dec. 30th, but I'm wondering if I should extend my stay there, go back to Bangkok, or elsewhere. Any suggestions?

Liked

Re: New Years in Thailand

If you are staying in pattaya for the 3 days leading up to new year... i see no reason to move on!
    Make a few friends during that build up... and then treat them all to a night out on New Years eve...

Maybe drinks on the beach and watch the fireworks from Bali hai or near pattayaland

If you want to hit the gay clubs... either get there very early (just after midnight)... unless u want to be turned away..
    Or better still send somebody there before midnight to open a whiskey bottle and hold the table for you!

If you miss the clubs early dont worry... you can still hit them later in the night(after 3.30- when the early crowds start to go home)... if you have the stamina!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Yes, stay in Pattaya. My first and best time in Pattaya was on 1 January 2000. If you do not have a good time you can go elsewhere but I think you will enjoy yourself.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I can only tell you about the situation that was at Happy Place. Both on Christmas eve,= and night and also New Years eve, the farang swarmed around the night before and either took their boys off that prior eve or paid for offs in advance to come pick up their dates. On all those nights by 10 pm about 4 boys remained til about 10pm and the bar was a ghost town because there were no boys dancing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Stay in Pattaya/Jomtien area. Beach parties are IMHO the best.

Sad note, this will be the first time in 20 years that I will not be in Thailand. :crybaby: Boo Hoo Hoo. :crybaby:

Liked

DaBoss, is there any party planned at your bar for New Years eve?
    Does anyone know if any of the other bars will have any type of party ?

thanks

I'll be in Pattaya New Years eve....last year we went to the pier to watch the fireworks..i remember it seemed like all the world was there ..you coudent move through the streets it was so packed....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

BUMP