Rambling-or why we have delete keys
I just returned from 4 weeks in Thailand and SE Aisa. (I believe this is my 18th trip to the area). Several firsts: visited a gay bar in Silom (yes, I know it sounds strange but I have never been into the bar/gogo boy sex scene.), fell in love with a Thai college student, visited a Thai university. We did hit a gay student (Thai) bar there.
I started my trip with a flight to the Philippines to visit a bf I met on GR three years ago. I have seen him three times and have paid for his last two years of college and a business venture (failed): but now he has his college degree and an accounting job. That makes it all worth while. He is confident and has a future. We went to Boracay (an island south of Luzon) where we found a resort that is as close to paradise as I am likely to come in this life. Previous visits took us to Tagatay and Taal volcano caldera and to Subic Bay and Bagio. Can't give you any information on the bar scene in the Philippines (obviously).
After a week in the Philippines, I met my Thai student (we had a couple of days after my arrival in BKK -before heading to Manila- to see if we were compatible from our Gaydar bios- we were) in BKK and we flew to Singapore. Nice. Well worth a visit and three or four days stay. There seems to be a reasonably sized gay bar scene there with a lot of farangs and Chinese. Just guys hanging out.
Next a bus to Kuala Lumpur. The Petronas towers were on my bucket list. I didn't acquire a feel for the city and we didn't look for any gay bars. Some striking buildings and an okay public transport system, but nothing like the BTS or MRT in BKK. (Singapore has an excellent MRT)
We had booked the train from Butterworth to BKK when we were in BKK, but I screwed up on the days and so we ended up flying to Phuket, a place I had not been to before and my bf only once many years ago. It is not a place I would want to visit often. We saw Simons-the trans caberet show. It was spectacular. I am a frequent habitue of Chiangmai and know there is also Somons there, but have not been to it. Bf liked it, too.
Then, back to BKK. I took him to the Jim Thompson house and we went to Chinatown-always on my list of things I like to do in BKK-and took a longtail boat ride on the river. I have offered to pay for his master's program in the US. Anybody dealt with bringing a student to the US for a graduate degree? out of room/so the END