Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Reasonably priced one-way flight Berlin to Bangkok

Liked

Reasonably priced one-way flight Berlin to Bangkok

Reasonably priced one-way flight Berlin to Bangkok

I plan to fly to Bangkok in November or December and the date of my return is uncertain. I will get a Non-Immigrant Type B visa before flying, so there should be no visa problem. I have been looking for a resonably (read: cheap) priced one way flight, to no avail. Return flights from Berlin to Bangkok cost about 600-700 Euro, single flights about 500-600. I even wrote to a travel agency, their prices are similar. When I go back to Germany, I will have the same problem: one-way flight Bangkok to Berlin.

Where and how can I get a one-way flight at half the price of a return flight?

Of course, one day I will go back to Germany, but I donтАЩt know when. Buying a return ticket with open return date or return in a year might be an option. There will be a fee for changing the return date, still cheaper than two one-way flights.

Another option would be to find someone who needs a ticket from Bangkok to Berlin, one of us buys a return trip and then changes the name of the passenger (for a fee, but still much cheaper than buying two tickets) and sells the flight to the other.

Does anyone have experience with similar problems?

Side question: why are return flights cheaper than twice the price of a single flight?

(I just notice, most of my topics are about money, or rather saving thereof. Usually the amounts are negligible тАУ 10% service charge, 7% VAT, to tip or not to tip, free bus or bus for 6.5 or 8 Baht, checking if someone forgot his change in public telephones or ticket machines, how to avoid the 50 Baht airport charge for taxis тАУ but now we are talking money: clever booking will save me 5,000 to 10,000 Baht for each flight!)

Liked

Re: Reasonably priced one-way flight Berlin to Bangkok

The short answer is that you won't get a single fare for half the return fare. That's not how it works. You'd be better getting a 1 year return which allows for a date change.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.