Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Funds raiser at Royal Cliff for potential retirees

Liked

Funds raiser at Royal Cliff for potential retirees

Some of the best functions seem to get missed on boards like this. The function at the Royal Cliff seems to be one that should attract a lot of attention. Click on pic to enlarge.

[attachment=0:2zrz5vkd]Invitation Card_Fassbind Charity Dinner_2012 Final.jpg[/attachment:2zrz5vkd]

Here is a description from Rotary It looks great value.

Rotary Club of Jomtien-Pattaya
    A.X. Fassbind Memorial Fund Charity Dinner
    Royal Summit Chamber - Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
    Saturday 20 October 2012
    18.30 hrs

Dear
    The Rotary Club of Jomtien-Pattaya is pleased to inform you that the annual A.X. Fassbind Memorial Fund Charity Dinner will be held on 20 October 2012 in the Royal Summit Chamber of the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.
    The purpose of this function is to raise funds to:
    1. Support and maintain the Fassbind Medical Home located at the Banglamung Home for the Aged.
    2. Support students undertaking education and training in the tourism and hotel business by providing scholarships.
    The annual charity affair is held to pay tribute to Alois X. Fassbind a.k.a. тАШLuigiтАЩ a.k.a
    Mr. Pattaya who left us on the 3rd of August 1998.
    His colourful career was devoted to the Thai tourism industry, and to philanthropic activities, including his own charity, dedicated to the well-being of the older members of the local community.
    We hope to reunite Rotarians as well as many of Louis's friends and supporters in the spirit of remembering one of Thailand's best-loved characters, with his unique combination of humour, generosity, bonhomie, and charisma.
    Walter Thenisch, the world renowned chef of the Royal Cliff Hotels Group has planned a traditional Swiss-Bavarian menu to fit the occasion.
    During the dinner a silent auction will be held and also winning numbers for valuable raffle prizes will be drawn. Entertainment will also be truly unique and enjoyable.
    Dinner tickets are priced at Baht 2,200.- net per person which includes the buffet and all beverages. The ticket also entitles you to a Lucky Door Prize of an IPhone 4S!
    Dress Code: Smart Casual or Swiss-Bavarian.
    We invite you to help this worthwhile charity cause by your sponsorship in cash or in kind. (Please see attached document)
    If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to buy a ticket in absentia or make a donation. We will be most grateful for your support. Please see attached form.
    Proceeds of the event will under the stewardship of the Rotary Club of Jomtien-Pattaya of which Louis was a member and worked on countless humanitarian projects.
    Please call or e-mail me if you wish to be a sponsor of the event and/or you wish to make table reservations for you and your friends.
    Tel: 081 863 4839 E-mail: <peter@pattayamail.com>
    Please forward this message on, so that as many people as possible are aware of this special occasion.
    Thanking you
    Sincere regards
    Peter Malhotra
    Peter Malhotra
    Chairman of the Organising Committee
    Rotary Club of Jomtien-Pattaya

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: Funds raiser at Royal Cliff for potential retirees

Im a potential retiree so where do I apply for my share of the funds?

Liked

Its only a personal thing for me only, I feel the more foreigners do to help with social needs in this country the less the government has to do THIS IS NOT A POOR COUNTRY the money just goes to the wrong people. :dontknow:
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

You hit the nail right on the head there Mark.

Absolutely, Mark & Roger - I'm so glad that (unlike Thailand) we have in the UK and USA (to name but two) foolproof systems to ensure that all the money goes to the right people.

I would certainly hate to live in a Country whereby care services have to be co-funded by charity donations and lotteries etc - or to be living in an obscene scenario where an energy-rich nation has old age pensioners dying of hypothermia every winter because they can't afford to turn the heating on.

Even worse would be a situation where families have to exist on food-parcels and handouts, to feed and clothe their kids.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ive-years.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...h-food-parcels

Fortunately, such economic mismanagement only happens in Thailand - or, at least, we can choose to delude ourselves to that effect.

:occasion9:

Liked

No system is perfect but you are not seriously going to compare the 2 one has with out a doubt some fucked up rules and befits like paying prisons to be in prison then giving them a start up release benefit when they are freed well old peoples heating allowance do not keep up with the cost of living there is no doubt it is far from perfect.
    The other is just a corrupt money making machine for the elite of Thailand.
    And when I am to old to work and enjoy my self here in the land of smiles I sure as hell know I am going to leg it back to the Uk to get my free health care, pension, housing and heating allowance.
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    No system is perfect but you are not seriously going to compare the 2 one has with out a doubt some fucked up rules and benefits...
    .....when I am to old to work and enjoy my self here in the land of smiles I sure as hell know I am going to leg it back to the Uk to get my free health care, pension, housing and heating allowance.
    You do see the irony, don't you? :sign5:

Liked

Sure Do like I said some well messed up ruled and benefits have a good one scottish-guy. :headbang:
    :laughing3: