List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's This About HIV- Looking to Get Infected??!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What's This About HIV- Looking to Get Infected??!!

On another thread I have been reading that ludicrous people are actually on GR and other places advertising that they are HIV- and they are looking for an HIV+ person to infect them??!! Is this absolutely true or could this be a set up to out people who are intentionally trying to pass on AIDS. I am just dumbfounded and see no logic in this or what benefit they would hope to gain. Its retarded and stupid and I just can't believe it actually would exist! :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

Re: What's This About HIV- Looking to Get Infected??!!

Unfortunately it is all to true :-) and there are ads easiky found on UK gay boards with HIV "chasers", I'm not quite sure of what mental shit is going on in those people's heads but I gather some ate not considering themselves "properly" gay until they acquire the virus and some others want it to go home to an HIV partner and say "theirs you go that's who much I love you, we're equal now" - which undoubtedly it the very LAST thing that that Person would have wanted to happen.

I think some maybe be under the mistaken belief that once you have the virus then that's that so you may as well go on and having lots of unprotected sex with other HIV+ people when in actual fact the truth is the exact opposite and by having sex with other positive people they are putting themselves at an even bigger risk of giving themselves possibly insurmountable medical problems with the own condition.

Yes, it was me who posted this originally on the other thread - I was completely serious, as NIrish has confirmed.

Right now I just took a quick look on the Gaydar board тАУ itтАЩs mid-afternoon so fairly quiet, but thereтАЩs 1 guy who has a pic of himself wearing a Tshirt with a condom crossed out saying BAREBACK ONLY тАУ he is тАЬFIT and looking for HIV+ Breeders onlyтАЭ

ThereтАЩs another тАУ in the HIV+ room whose tagline is тАЬtake a chanceтАЭ - and a 23yo who says heтАЩs HIV- inviting someone to тАЬload me upтАЭ

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We live in even sicker society then I ever imagined!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

DB, I think this might be the #1 most depressing topic of them all....

I have struggled for several years to figure out why this phenomenon exists.... And yes, it does exist.

To answer the question, WHY? What could they possibly be trying to gain...

My best guesses so far are:

(1) They just want an excuse to have unprotected sex. They WANT unprotected sex (because they enjoy it more --- whether physically, psychologically, or emotionally), and this excuse simply justifies the choice they have already made in their mind. Or....

(2) They have a totally defeatist attitude. They feel total acceptance of, or resignation to, the prospect of contracting HIV. They are convinced that it's only a matter of time... And they simply deal with it by thinking, "Let's get this over with... so I no longer have to live in fear." Or....

(3) They already have HIV and they are so distraught that they have the selfish attitude of... "If I've got it, everyone else may as well get it too." ( Misery loves company? )

Or.... Maybe some combination of the 3.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Bruce, interesting ideas but -

#1 - They could have unprotected sex with anybody - these guys are actually advertising for an HIV+ guy, so it must be more than just a desire for unprotected sex.

#2 - Possible but I'm unconvinced.

#3 - Nah, they don't have HIV they want HIV

As far as I understand, an entire subculture exists - with the wannabees known as ""Bugchasers" and the already infected "donors" known as "Gift Givers". There is even talk of parties being arranged so that multiple people can receive "the gift" in one fell swoop.

So what's my insight into the psyche of these people?

Well, I guess the Gift Givers may have some feelings of obtaining revenge - but what of the Bugchasers, what's their motivation?

a) Like "cutters" or other self-harmers they crave attention, and have extreme feelings of low self-esteem, being an outsider, etc..
    b) In advanced Western societies, they may believe that by contracting HIV they become part of a "sub-community"and introduce something into their otherwise dull and dreary lives that they can share with others in the same position. Doesn't work elsewhere!
    c) For some, who are clinical sex addicts, it will be the ultimate perversion - they will actually find the idea erotic and sexually exciting.
    d) Basically they are fucking mental.

:occasion9:

Liked

I had a kid come in for an HIV test. As part of the procedure we would give counseling and a risk assessment. He was about 23 years old and he wanted to know if he was HIV+. I asked him about his risk factors and it came out that his boyfriend was HIV+ and they were having unprotected anal sex with him as the top.

He was trying to get infected as he was deeply "in love" with the boyfriend and was afraid the boyfriend would leave him eventually as being serodisconcordant (different HIV status) was a barrier between them. He felt it was an act of "love" to become HIV+

Additionally, all the boyfriends friends were HIV+ and the kid felt left out of the group.

I talked to the kid about long term health etc..but he was insistent. He wanted to seroconvert. To me this is a totally fucked up mind set. I did not get it then nor do I get it now. I think the little fuck was stupid and the boyfriend's behavior probably criminal. But my job was to tell him he was at risk give him his HIV test and wish him luck. He turned out to be HIV- and I never saw him again. But I wonder about the kid and the choice he was making.

Seems like a very stupid choice but it was his to make I suppose.
    However, his choices affect me in indirect ways. His behavior leads to pain and suffering of his family and friends over time when he gets sick and that has a negative impact on me - again in a very indirect way as the gay and lesbian community suffers. In a sense he was living in the moment..trying to connect with the boyfriend..but in this case living in the moment was fucked up -IMHO.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

There are several threads that appear to be supporting the idea of men with HIV openly using the Thai boys for cash, regardless of the danger.

Am I reading this correctly. You cannot be serious.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Paul, what do you mean using the Thai boys for cash? Did I miss something?

I think you are perhaps reading things wrong Paul as (for once and thankfully) no one is suggesting or condoning that -( if you mean HIV+ having unprotected sex with Thai MBs, actually I think for once ( thankfully) we're all saying the exact opposite actually, please everyone don't prove me wrong on THIS subject as that would be just a bridge too far for someone on this board as far I personally would be concerned - but though even as we are people with different views on most nearly all subjects :-) I think this is one topic on which we all can and do (and should )agree on - SURELY !!?