Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banks en route bkk - pty

Liked

Banks en route bkk - pty

Are their any banks en route from the airport to Pattaya? Or should I just bite the bullet and change money at the airport? It's going to be between 8pm and 9pm so there might not be anything open. Making a detour in Pattaya itself might not be worth the 100bt savings per hundred usd.

Also, don't banks that have a night booth in Pattaya change there quotes at night? Can't remember that one.

Funny things is that I will most likely be trowing money around like it's normal paper ones there, but here I can worry about something as small as 100bt...go figure.

Re: Banks en route bkk - pty

You've hit the nail on the head, it's only 100 baht so why put yourself through the worry of hoping and wondering will there be an ATM, whilst sitting with a grumpier and grumpier taxi driver maybe having to drive you round several machines until you get one that takes your card, so no, airport every time for me ( actually I'm all organised for once and have 10,000 baht in my travel wallet from my last trip to cover my for my first day just to avoid even having to think about the likes of that this time :-)

Liked

Yeah I know that you're right. It's just that feeling of being ripped off that bothers me. Not in a healthy way I might add. Airport it is

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Newbie Question

It's been so long since my first time there...

Am I to understand that the best exchange rates can be found a currency exchanges ( or banks? ) during business hours in Pattaya?

And the second best exchange rates are at the airport?

Nighttime in Pattaya is where the worst rates are?
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have always found banks and exchange booths attatched to banks to be the worst. There is one that I have always found to be the best rate.
    In Boyztown Soi 3, if you are looking at the Ambiance back towards Cafe Royale, face right and walk a few feet to second road.
    Go against the flow of traffic 1/2 block. There is a yellow exchange shop on BOTH sides of the street and they are owned by the same person. Best rate I have ever found.
    Worst rate I have ever found is shops or bars, including mine. LOL!

Ha ha ..i was just thinking i had spent nearly every penny or baht in Thai..i had just 5 baht in my pocket..when i got off the plane at Manchester.
    Talk about cutting it fine lol

Liked

I usually just change enough money at the airport to get me thru the night and will change larger amounts (usually at Tuk Com) the nex day.

Liked

I'm with luv-Thai on this one - change enough at the airport for 1 night then go to a bank next day.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks for all the excellent advice, guys.

It'd be fun to meet up with all of you for a beer some time...

This is off-topic, but.... Have you ever had a sawatdee-gay-thailand meet-up IRL (in real life)...? I bet it'd be fun.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I do believe some of the members will be here in July? Ask NIrish guy or someone. They all promised to lavish me with dinners and wine. :evil4:
    Of course anyone else that is here or coming would be more than welcome I am sure. Give them a shout.