Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Baiyoke Tower accident

Baiyoke Tower accident

Very sad news to read about the fatal accident today at the Baoyoke Tower in Bangkok where 3 men were killed when their outside lift hoist broke in two as they erected advertising signage :=(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17983422

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Baiyoke Tower accident

Very sad indeed. The worse part of the story is that they chose not to wear the safety hoist around them.

yeah, I guess that might have made all the difference and saved them if they had :-(

Does anyone know - is the insurance situation roughly the same in Thailand as elsewhere such as the States etc i.e. if that accident had happened in the west the guys families would sue the ass of the employer and get a fairly hefty compensation settlement from their insurance - so is it the same in Thailand or will the families have little or no recourse against anyone and it'll be left as "one of those things" just perhaps ??

Liked

I would think the insurance is not at all the same in Thailand as in the US. Moreover if they neglected purposefully to wear their safety lines ......